Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of good articles in the latest TG mag Click here to enlarge

And yes 'they say' 55k but that's still a maybe/unsure thing, suffice to say 55k is a very good price point for that vehicle...should do well

On the subject of V8's they've been selling better than ever since about 2000 with no sign of letting up, believe it or not, lots of people out there love their V8's Click here to enlarge

Also Shaun, the economic crisis is far from over despite the positive recently released Aust. Government trade/economy figures, the rest of the World will still take at least 12-18 months to recover in that time we'll still be adversely affected, we're always on the tail end of these things, but hopefully it won't get really bad...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlargeTGA article ( i dont have a scanner so here ya go)

HSV lite
    Vauchall's AWD 239kw twin-turbo Insignia VXR looks set to get HSV badges.

It's got a holden motor, it's smoking quick and it's set to lob in Oz next year. What the hell is it? It's a Vauxhall Insignia VXR. WIth a 239kw turbocharged 2.8 liter V6 driving all four wheels, it'll do 0-100km/h in 5.9 seconds. With Holden's plans to import the base-model Insignia firming up, the path is clear for HSV to add a second non-V8 rar driver to it's range. With an all-new front suspension setup and electronic rear diff, big brembo brakes and stock 19" rims (20's are optional), HSV reckons it will cost about $55,000. Yummo
    Alrights to Top Gear Australia Magazine June 2009 Issue BBC
    -=Astra 2006=-
    Opelized - XHP 18" Chromes - Bolle Tints - Chrome Highlights - BeeSting Aerial - Piano Black Dash - Sunroof
    Full Leather Interior with Blue Stitching and Opel Logos - OPC Style Steering Wheel

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could it be the Astra is going to make way for the Insigina. It would make sence if this was to be the case to compete against the Honda Accord, Ford Mondeo Mazda 6 class.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Lots of good articles in the latest TG mag Click here to enlarge

And yes 'they say' 55k but that's still a maybe/unsure thing, suffice to say 55k is a very good price point for that vehicle...should do well

On the subject of V8's they've been selling better than ever since about 2000 with no sign of letting up, believe it or not, lots of people out there love their V8's Click here to enlarge

Also Shaun, the economic crisis is far from over despite the positive recently released Aust. Government trade/economy figures, the rest of the World will still take at least 12-18 months to recover in that time we'll still be adversely affected, we're always on the tail end of these things, but hopefully it won't get really bad...
    What i was refering to is we have faired the best of developed nations in the ecconomic crisis. We havent lost any where near the amount of business or jobs like the USA.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yet.... we rely on the us market majorly so we will have effects soon enough down the line..
    -=Astra 2006=-
    Opelized - XHP 18" Chromes - Bolle Tints - Chrome Highlights - BeeSting Aerial - Piano Black Dash - Sunroof
    Full Leather Interior with Blue Stitching and Opel Logos - OPC Style Steering Wheel

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks Manda

Hmmm - I wonder who TG Aus has spoken to to sound so certain that not only HSV is bringing the VXR Insignia over, but Holden is going to bring the normal Insignia over as well!

Damn - to wait or not to wait......
    [/SIZE]Current: , 2012 Volvo XC90 3.2
    Ex's: MY13 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI, 2008 Honda CR-V Luxury, MY06 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, MY09 VW Passat R36 Family Truckster MY05 Subaru *sneeze* WRX Click here to enlarge , JSII Vectra CD 2.2, TS Astra CD "Olympic Edition"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Manda

Hmmm - I wonder who TG Aus has spoken to to sound so certain that not only HSV is bringing the VXR Insignia over, but Holden is going to bring the normal Insignia over as well!

Good question you ask there. I know HSV are in talks with VXL trying to see if its viable. I still think if its going to happen the logical way of thinking is that the astra is being dropped to make way for the insignia. Nothing about the epica being replaced or facelifted has been spoken of at this stage . All the focus has been on the cruize (which i seen last night in a dealership and looks very stylish for a Korean built car) . Holden is loosing ground in the mid car sector the epica. Possibly the outcome is the insignia as a replacement .
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The mid size car sector is in decline again (the new Mazda 6 sales are a case in point). Not really worth Holden putting too much effort into at the moment

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    What i was refering to is we have faired the best of developed nations in the ecconomic crisis. We havent lost any where near the amount of business or jobs like the USA.
    Fair enough thanks for the clarification Click here to enlarge

I don't think we were ever at risk of becoming as bad as the U.S as that's the GFC's ground zero...

And hopefully Australia continues to hold up over the coming 12-18 months Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Vectracious Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Manda

If your interested in this vehicle Pete and your in no hurry to update, then definitely wait it out and see what happens...time flies and before you know it, it'll be mid 2010 Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information