Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very late registration

Hello everyone, long time visitor first time actually registering... Click here to enlarge

Just bought (and when I say just I mean actually 1 year ago exactly) a MY07 Astra SRi Turbo in Red. It matches the Melbourne life I lead, full of whatever it is we Melburnians do... You've all seen Underbelly surely, it's nothing like that.

With the start of university and working etc I had very little time to do much to my car other than drive it (vigorously) and take photos of it when the lighting is right. But thats all changing because well why own such a lovely car and not fully appreciate its potential? (Or more realistically, I finally have enough money to do something to it)

I intend to start doing some mods to it very soon... Any suggestions as to where I start? So far all I did was buy europlates, yay.

So yeah hi, hope to be making constructive contributions to this forum in the future.

PS: I hope I didn't come off sounding stupid or up myself, I honestly don't know how one introduces themself on a forum lol.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome to the forum mate (aka not another bloody melbournite Click here to enlarge)

im sure the melb fellows will have you cruising with them soon enough, its like a disease down there.
    up here in nsw its like a bday, only happens once a year Click here to enlarge
    create a new thread in the members cars area and put some pics up mate, we would all love to see your baby.
    enjoy your stay, and if you ever need help, just ask and people will be more than happy to assist.

oh, and if your looking for an opel front grille, theres one on ebay at the moment, not sure if itll fit yours though, i think the one on ebay is pre-facelift.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    welcome mate

theres a few SRi-T owners on here that can give u some good advice, Diesel145 knows someone who can do a pretty good map to your ECU which will give it a bit more power.

PaulyJ is an awesome photographer, so u should keep your eyes on the VIC meets thread because we all get together regularly to catch up, take some pics, and go for a cruise (jump into the VIC cruise notifications and send a PM with your mobile if u want notifications of a last min meet)

other than that, take a look around, make a donation and enter the supporting members lounge where you can have a chat and also get in on some extra mods on offer Click here to enlarge

Enjoy.

Adam
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome to the forum fellow turbo-ite

It really depends what you're looking to do...

I've got the VXR honeycombe grilles and chrome foglight surrounds on mine, Eibach springs... rear sway bar, sub, amp... removed the huuuuuuuge holden emblem off the boot

If you're wanting power, it's an interesting issue with the AH turbo... because no one really has flashed or upgraded theirs... the previous TS version, everyone seems to. there is stuff available though

Let us know what u mite be wanting to do...

Oh and as someone else said, hopefully you'll be cruising with us soon in melb... but put some pics up the members section too if you want, stock or notClick here to enlarge
    2006 Subaru WRX

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome!
    Hope to see you out on a cruise/catch up soon, as has been said, they're pretty much a fortnightly occurence down hereClick here to enlarge
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the warm welcome fellas

At this point I'm probably interested in just the visual side of things. (Due to laws against performance modifications for P-Platers and all Click here to enlarge)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mizled_SRi-T Click here to enlarge
    I've got the VXR honeycombe grilles and chrome foglight surrounds on mine, Eibach springs... rear sway bar, sub, amp... removed the huuuuuuuge holden emblem off the boot
    Oh nice, I actually was after that look.. Did you keep the chrome strip? I think it could work well with the normal SRi-T strip and VXR honeycombe backing. Any info on how to go about doing it? Definitely, definitely want to replace the foglight surrounds, really don't like the stock ones.
    As for the rear holden emblem, would be nice to remove... Theres a bit of car wax that I neglected to clean out of the lion's mouth lol

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jaysastra04 Click here to enlarge
    welcome to the forum mate (aka not another bloody melbournite Click here to enlarge)
    haha we're like a virus aren't we? Click here to enlarge

Yeah will definitely come along to the meets & cruises, can't wait. I'll just rummage through my photos in the meantime, find some pictures to upload. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by topgear Click here to enlarge
    At this point I'm probably interested in just the visual side of things. (Due to laws against performance modifications for P-Platers and all Click here to enlarge)
    didn't stop me Click here to enlarge what laws do you think you might be impeding on? 125kw/tonne?

As for the rear holden emblem, would be nice to remove... Theres a bit of car wax that I neglected to clean out of the lion's mouth lol
    20lb fishing line....bug and tar remover, and you're lion free Click here to enlarge

Yeah will definitely come along to the meets & cruises, can't wait. I'll just rummage through my photos in the meantime, find some pictures to upload. Click here to enlarge
    Nice Click here to enlarge
    2007 Liberty STi
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hello and Welcome Matey.

You can start by de-restricting the standard air-box and putting in a panel filter. Should only be around $80 for the filter and the rest is freeClick here to enlarge
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Diesel145 Click here to enlarge
    didn't stop me what laws do you think you might be impeding on? 125kw/tonne?
    The problem is that I'm on the new restrictions as in no Turbocharged or Supercharged cars, no v8s or performance 6cyl cars unless they're diesel or on the exemption list. (OR a company owned vehicle, which is how I am allowed to drive my car) On top of that, they say no performance mods to the car. But I dont see how they could check unless I have like a big NOS tank in the passenger seat Click here to enlarge

One thing I love about the SRi-T is that its not the sort of car to be associated with hoons, being an Astra and all... So it doesn't get unwanted attention Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by topgear Click here to enlarge
    Oh nice, I actually was after that look.. Did you keep the chrome strip? I think it could work well with the normal SRi-T strip and VXR honeycombe backing. Any info on how to go about doing it? Definitely, definitely want to replace the foglight surrounds, really don't like the stock ones.
    You can see how it looks like from the front... just click on the My Car link in red in my sig

Wasn't a fan of the chrome V either, so got the OPC grille to match the VXR honeycombe lower one etc

Rear looks good... nice n clean. Everything is the same, apart from removing the emblem, so yeh the chrome strips on the back

I saw a black 3dr SRi in Northcote yesterday with a colour coded strip on the boot in black. Can't work out if i liked it, or prefer the stock chrome

Anyway, was something differentClick here to enlarge
    2006 Subaru WRX

Thread Information