Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, to update you all, and to finally prove beyong any reasonable doubt that Holden don't respect their customers, Ultra Tune quoted me $195 for the same service.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go for Ultratune mate, cheaper probably better as well.
    Old - Holden/Opel Astra G Vert
    Old - Audi A4 B5 1.8T Quattro
    New - VW Golf MkV GTI

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't let either of them touch it Click here to enlarge
    Do your minor services yourself unless you have to get it done for waranty or it's under lease. Get your major service done at a euro garage that is used to these types of cars.
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2003_Vectra_CDXi Click here to enlarge
    Wouldn't let either of them touch it Click here to enlarge
    Do your minor services yourself unless you have to get it done for waranty or it's under lease. Get your major service done at a euro garage that is used to these types of cars.
    Any names?

You said "these types of cars" -- how do the Astras differ among others in terms of general servicing?

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No ideas in Sydney sorry Click here to enlarge Have a look at people that service Saabs, pretty much the same type of components as we share several engines. The Astras have nothing in common with Australian holdens.
    Track Times: Phillip Island - 1:59.4027, Calder Park - 1:08.8142, Winton 3km - 1:40.7810, Sandown - 1:29.6000, Haunted Hills - 62.55, 1/4 Mile - 13.736

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stick with the dealers.

HH in Penrith if you are willing to drive get a huge thumbs up from me.

St Marys are also good I hear.

Sure it might cost you more, but lets not forget that Holden are dealing with these cars day in day out. They have the technical know how to fix problems that they see come in every so often, and all the right things to do.

Someone at Ultratune might be able to service a 1984 Holden Commodore, but it doesn't mean they can service an AH Astra as well.

Also I don't know if places like UT have access to Tech2 units in order to check certain aspects of a service Holden would.

I always use Heartland for my servicing, last one (30,000km service) set me back $435!!
    Holden Astra - Opel in disguise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MitchSRi Click here to enlarge
    Stick with the dealers.

HH in Penrith if you are willing to drive get a huge thumbs up from me.

St Marys are also good I hear.

Sure it might cost you more, but lets not forget that Holden are dealing with these cars day in day out. They have the technical know how to fix problems that they see come in every so often, and all the right things to do.

Someone at Ultratune might be able to service a 1984 Holden Commodore, but it doesn't mean they can service an AH Astra as well.

Also I don't know if places like UT have access to Tech2 units in order to check certain aspects of a service Holden would.

I always use Heartland for my servicing, last one (30,000km service) set me back $435!!
    Have you searched the forums lately? 80% of members' experiences with the dealers are unsatisfactory, including myself.

They even forgot to reset the InSP reading on the odometer during the complimentary 3,000km service.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEK-46P Click here to enlarge
    Have you searched the forums lately? 80% of members' experiences with the dealers are unsatisfactory, including myself.

They even forgot to reset the InSP reading on the odometer during the complimentary 3,000km service.
    Depends on the dealer. I suggest taking a peek at the thread I posted about Penrith Heartland.

Sure they aren't that local but I'd be happy to go back there.

Yes there are some dodgy ones out there I've heard horror stories about (I'd tend to avoid the Parramatta area for servicing Click here to enlarge ).

Unsure about Castle Hill as I've never used them.

Besides if the car is under Holden New Car warranty still, and something breaks and requires warranty repair, you really don't want to risk the chance of them rejecting it because another company has serviced it (though I dont think they can do that).
    Holden Astra - Opel in disguise.

OpelAus Enthusiast Keep'emRunning's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ..it's personal choice whether to take it to a dealer or not... but with a non dealer mechanic, at least you're likely to know who's going to be working on your vehicle, and that your pride & joy isn't being used as potty training for a 1st year apprentice Click here to enlarge

Thread Information