0 Thread(s)
    Nice Paul...
    2006 Astra H 5dr CD (Link to my Car)
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a mate who is a photographer (just starting in the industry) and works as Wayne's (dude who takes most of the zoo and ralph photos) assistant on Zoo photo shoots.
    He also started his own website, but claims most of the work you get is mainly by word of mouth and getting out there and introducing yourself to everyone.
    I say he is a photographer because his camera is worth $30k and this is his only form of income.
    Here is his website if you're interested.

http://www.twoshinephoto.com

One of Chuck Norris' sperm found it's way into the gas tank of an 18 wheeler. We now know this truck as Optimus Prime!

OpelAus Participant insanegrunt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contribute to Street Fords, Xtreme Fords and Nitro Magazines. The ford mags picked me up from fullBOOST.com.au as i also am a QLD contributor on there i do event coverage and feature car shoots for the ford magazines. Had a chat with nitro at the drags and they wanted to run some pics and i put my foot in a little more and now do event coverage and feature car shoots for nitro.

It is hard at my age, people dont take me seriousley. cause im 17 and stuff.
    I have worked hard to get where i am, and im so happy it is finally paying off.

NO i dont have all the good gear that the big guys have and no my photos look nothing toward them but im jut so happy that the magazines have let me show my work off and get my name out there more and give me the chance to explore the automtoive photography world.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by insanegrunt Click here to enlarge
    I contribute to Street Fords, Xtreme Fords and Nitro Magazines. The ford mags picked me up from fullBOOST.com.au as i also am a QLD contributor on there i do event coverage and feature car shoots for the ford magazines. Had a chat with nitro at the drags and they wanted to run some pics and i put my foot in a little more and now do event coverage and feature car shoots for nitro.

It is hard at my age, people dont take me seriousley. cause im 17 and stuff.
    I have worked hard to get where i am, and im so happy it is finally paying off.

NO i dont have all the good gear that the big guys have and no my photos look nothing toward them but im jut so happy that the magazines have let me show my work off and get my name out there more and give me the chance to explore the automtoive photography world.
    i understand that.
    its the same being an 18yo security guard, noone takes you seriously til ya just about break their wrist and kick em out of somewhere. haha

what resolution your camera take insane?
    mine currently is 3456 x 2592 at 180 pixels/inch
    not a SLR tho.
    yet...

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PaulyJ Click here to enlarge
    Nice
    Got a 50mm 1.8, but have toyed with the idea of the 1.4, just don't know if there is much difference.
    PM me how much you're thinking about the 28-135...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by moose_factor Click here to enlarge
    Build wise the 1.4 shits all over the 1.8...photo wise I too had the 1.8 and the 1.4 is slightly sharper and at f2.0-2.2 the 1.4 gives better bokeh...

Here's a comparison review...
    http://photo.net/equipment/canon/ef50/

The 28-135 when I sell it will come with the original hood and a filter (filter was put on as soon as the lens was taken out of the box...

PM sent...

and pauly, as you're probably already aware, the 1.4 will also let in double the light of the 1.8 and therefore twice as fast under low light conditions. which is always a nice thing to have. Click here to enlarge shallow depth of field is also an attraction with these lenses - great for portraiture. 1.8 would be just as good though. i personally wouldn't upgrade just for those reasons unless the 1.4 had other features over and above what your current 1.8 has. like nikons new 1.4 AF-S over its older 1.4 AF, which i want!
    WAS: 03' Holden Astra SriT - 172.7kw/ATW 03-08:

MY10 Subaru Forester XTP 09-12 - SOLD

OpelAus Enthusiast moose_factor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aza28 Click here to enlarge
    and pauly, as you're probably already aware, the 1.4 will also let in double the light of the 1.8 and therefore twice as fast under low light conditions. which is always a nice thing to have. Click here to enlarge shallow depth of field is also an attraction with these lenses - great for portraiture. 1.8 would be just as good though. i personally wouldn't upgrade just for those reasons unless the 1.4 had other features over and above what your current 1.8 has. like nikons new 1.4 AF-S over its older 1.4 AF, which i want!
    Completely agree aza...reason why I upgraded was that the 1.8 was just not built solidly enough to endure a concert...I needed the 1.4 for extra light for dark concert lighting and it's rugged enough to get in the crowds at concerts...
    Click here to enlarge

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as i'm sure everyone knows, good gear dosnt mean good photos!!!

and whats everyone talking about the 1.4 version for? the 1.2 is out!

OpelAus Participant insanegrunt's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shay Click here to enlarge
    i understand that.
    its the same being an 18yo security guard, noone takes you seriously til ya just about break their wrist and kick em out of somewhere. haha

what resolution your camera take insane?
    mine currently is 3456 x 2592 at 180 pixels/inch
    not a SLR tho.
    yet...
    4288 x 2848

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    a D90 isnt nothing to be sneezed at though Blake Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast moose_factor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by doigal Click here to enlarge
    as i'm sure everyone knows, good gear dosnt mean good photos!!!

and whats everyone talking about the 1.4 version for? the 1.2 is out!
    HAHAHA we know...but read the review between the 2 and for the price it's not worth getting the f1.2 even if you could afford it it's more for wank factor to own the f1.2
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information