Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I assume I'd be best to get the remap after fitting the FMIC, yes? Any members here had any trouble with the stock LET turbo (as opposed to, say, the LEH), particularly after remaps etc.? Anyone here have a VXR or a Z20LET with a VXR turbo fitted?
    Cheers Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the remap is 400 for the sri-t, the fmic kit is 1000 plus install, but as you mentioned u should be fine with it Click here to enlarge.
    the order of mods is irrelevant as the ecu is constantly relearning and finetuning to suit.
    there is about 3 members with the vxr turbo on the Z20let.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Putting a bigger injectors (VXR injectors) in conjunction of the remap, here is one on ebay, good price too.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VAUXHALL-OPEL...QQcmdZViewItem
    Old - Holden/Opel Astra G Vert
    Old - Audi A4 B5 1.8T Quattro
    New - VW Golf MkV GTI

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Astra_G Click here to enlarge
    Putting a bigger injectors (VXR injectors) in conjunction of the remap, here is one on ebay, good price too.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/VAUXHALL-OPEL...QQcmdZViewItem

With only a FMIC and remap to start with, I'm not sure if I can yet justify replacing the stock injectors (unless someone here recommends otherwise). If I bolt on a VXR turbo, however, I'll definitely look at the injectors Click here to enlarge. What power output are those members with VXR turbos seeing at the wheels?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    you wont need bigger injectors with only a remap and fmic. they are 370cc and will do the job.
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    around 20kw more then the 1's without Click here to enlarge.
    the vxr turbo is a cheap, neat, n stock looking mod. but i still prefer the garretts Click here to enlarge.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Delemonte, I have a Silver Astra SRi-T. I see youve been doing a bit of home-work. I live in Boonah but im always getting around in Ipswich. Mines had the re-map from Matt (Auzvectra), Cross-over pipe removed, Pod filter and a 3" dump pipe fitted. If your interested you could jump in for a quick spin to see the difference. My next performance upgrade will be the FMIC.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CNBLU Click here to enlarge
    you wont need bigger injectors with only a remap and fmic. they are 370cc and will do the job.
    Thanks for confirming that CNBLU Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by auzvectra Click here to enlarge
    around 20kw more then the 1's without Click here to enlarge.
    the vxr turbo is a cheap, neat, n stock looking mod. but i still prefer the garretts Click here to enlarge.
    I was previously looking at the possibility of using a GT28RS, but was unsure how difficult and/or economical it would be to get the suitable exhaust manifold to me in Australia. I'm no turbo expert, so when I considered the fact that using the VXR turbo would mean I also wouldn't have to worry about any potential incompatibility issues with my ECU and the boost control solenoid on the GT28RS, I began to lean heavily towards the simpler switchover to the VXR turbo. Any local places/welders you know of that could hook me up with the necessary manifold? What would be the approximate $$$ break down that you'd expect the complete Garret turbo changeover to set me back??

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrissn89 Click here to enlarge
    Hey Delemonte, I have a Silver Astra SRi-T. I see youve been doing a bit of home-work. I live in Boonah but im always getting around in Ipswich. Mines had the re-map from Matt (Auzvectra), Cross-over pipe removed, Pod filter and a 3" dump pipe fitted. If your interested you could jump in for a quick spin to see the difference. My next performance upgrade will be the FMIC.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Chris, that's extremely generous of you to offer! Click here to enlarge Send us a txt if/when it suits you next time you're in Ipswich Click here to enlarge I'd be equally happy if you just let me jump in the passenger seat while you take control of your baby; no doubt, I'd love to drive myself, but I understand you don't know me or my driving skills so I completely understand either way! Much appreciated though Click here to enlarge Naturally, I work during the week, but I'm sure we can sort something out that suits you. Thanks again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is a decent cost difference, as the garrett turbo itself costs about 50% extra just for the turbo.
    personally i think it's worth the extra $$$ as it is a much better turbo, but it is really just personal preference, and depends on what u actually want and how far you want to go.

Thread Information