Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delemonte and his Astra

Gday!
    Just introducing myself. I live in Karalee (near Brisbane) in QLD and drive a Black 2003 Astra SRi-T - fully stock with exception to significant changes I've made to the sound system. I used to drive a Silver 2002 1.8L Astra and bought the SRi-T at a great price only to resell for profit but fell in love with it on the drive home - an incredibly surprising car. Since then (almost a year ago), I've only grown to respect the car more and am now looking at the possibility of a few engine mods. I have plenty of money, but am a bit of a tight-@$$ and don't particularly want to spend a massive load of money on a car that's perfectly fine as it is, but if you guys have any recommendations I'm all ears Click here to enlarge I'm after best moneyClick here to enlargeerformance ratio...

This appears to be an incredibly interesting site and I look forward to using it in future. Cheers,
    ~Delemonte
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome to the site Click here to enlarge.
    there is plenty to do to the sri-t to get it movin nicely Click here to enlarge.
    not biased or nething, but the basic remap really makes a diff Click here to enlarge.
    then u have the fmic kit Click here to enlarge, mine or pwr ect...
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome mate
    if you wanna do any mods, auz is pretty much the guy to talk to.
    enjoy your stay, and spread the word!
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome mate, i have a black G SRi-T as well. make a build thread and keep us up to date with mods and most importanly pics Click here to enlarge
    VZ Berlina LS1

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the site mate, I recommend you get the auzvectra's remap, and other mods you can find on this forum.
    Old - Holden/Opel Astra G Vert
    Old - Audi A4 B5 1.8T Quattro
    New - VW Golf MkV GTI

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot guys Click here to enlarge
    I am interested in getting a remap, but am not really too sure where I should take it to get it done. I'd appreciate any suggestions near Brisbane/Ipswich, but I'm still a little hesitant about getting the remap as I imagine it might shorten the life of my engine. Is this likely? What's the typical power output resulting from AuzVectra's remap? Also, I've considered getting a FMIC, but am not very keen to cut into my current front bumper... are there any clean methods of installation? Also, I am planning to derestrict the stock airbox, but would i be significantly better of with an alternative/aftermarket induction kit? And am I actually gonna notice any difference with such a change?
    John_LS1: As I progress, I'll make and update a build thread - It might progress a bit slowly, though... Click here to enlarge
    Thanks again everyone Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the remap can pretty much be done newhere Click here to enlarge.
    sorry dont quote ne figures as they all react differently, dyno'd stock i have seen 15kw difference from a tru reading (i say tru readin as opels play up on dyno's sometimes) and i have seen upto about 20 kw difference after a remap.
    as for increase, i have never had a car remapped where the driver didnt come back with an ear to ear grin from the test drive Click here to enlarge.
    both my kit and the pwr kit (i belive they dont) dont need any cutting of the front bar, in some cases the plastic brake ducts behind the bar may need to be trimmed, but a lot remove them anyway.

i wouldnt waste ur money on a full induction kit, many members use the 2.2L sri or 1.9L deisel airbox and a k&n panel filter, or a pod filter with or without a sheild. just be warned that an open air pod is illegal if not sheilded and fastened, and can and will suck hot air especially in summer.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome mate Click here to enlarge

i definitely recommend gettignt he re-map! my friend got his done by matt (auzvectra) now it spins the wheels all the way to 100! best mod! seriously beats all cars eh.

woo i'm a little tipsy lol
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX | Forged Build | Build Thread
    Forged Build 12.23s @ 182km/h& The Run

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AuzVectra. I see you live at the Goldcoast and I'd be very interested in heading over there and getting you to work your much-talked-about magic with my Astra's current engine map. Firstly, can we talk money? How much $$$ ought I expect to be looking at for a remap and what about an FMIC? Fitted? (I'd probably fit it myself anyway, but I am asking just the same...)

Thread Information