Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Astra H pix

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Astra H pix

Go to http://www.opel.de/shop/cars/astrane...01/content.act and check out the new Astra. It's easy enough to navigate around even though it's all in German (not that there's anything wrong with that!).
    I'm still undecided, but expect it will look quite different in the metal. Didn't like the Vectra when I first saw the pix, but would be quite happy to have one parked in the driveway now.
    Ian.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Forum Regular 01CDsedan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Astra pics

In a perfect world, we'd have the current exterior with that great looking new interior in those pics. Sorry, but I'm still not sold on the styling - the front end looks weird, the back looks okay, but the whole car also looks a bit too tall.

One thing I hope they haven't done is made the windowsills as high as they are in the Vectra. They're a good 5cm or so higher than they are in the current Astra, and it has the effect of making visibility a real problem in the Vec.

If I were buying a new small car this year, at the moment my favourite would be the Mazda 3 SP23 sedan.
    Currently: no Opels
    Formerly: 2001 Astra CD sedan, 2003 Vectra CDX

Anonymous
    its lookn more like a barina, If u goin to get one of these body mods must be made Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks nice.. but would I buy one? In my current position, no.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were buying a new small car this year, at the moment my favourite would be the Mazda 3 SP23 sedan.
    Go drive one... I have. They are nothing special. They sure don't any quicker than my SRi. The interior looks ok (if slightly overstyled) but just about every surface is hard to touch!

And the hatch looks hideous in real life. The sedan looks better but has a uselessly small boot opening.

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if I was ordering a new small car this year I'd be getting a Cooper S...

actually, hang on, I ordered one last week Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like it!!!

If I had to buy a small car sometime soon I'd be heading straight to Audi and purchasing myself a S3. Mmmmmmm, noiceP!!!! Click here to enlarge And if I was rich!!! Owhhh, or maybe an Alfa 147!!!

Personally I'd love to know what the !!!! the designers are thinking when it comes to drawing a new model. Most small cars these days are looking to boxy, chunky and are becoming an imitation of mini people movers. They are losing all style and class they ever had.

I regularly read Wheels and some of the concept designs that are actually starting to go into production in Japan are hideous!!! :mrgreen:
    daastra

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Japan is a unique market and the thing is there is no one car that can always satisfy the taste of the world masses.

If I were to order a car now, I'd get a Liberty... Oh wait.. I did. Click here to enlarge

Anonymous
    :evil: :cry:

Anonymous
    If I was to Purchased another SMALL Car and money was no Object, I'd get a Renault Clio Sport 180 V6(Not in Aust. till April) It has the looks and the Grunt to Turn any head. Click here to enlarge

Thread Information