Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OpelAus Forum Regular scotty_gsi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scott SB GSI PERTH!!!!!!!

Hey guys hows it going? my names scott, i have a red sb gsi which unfortunately has 2 big dents in the back at the minute because some idiot in a hilux decided he would put his bull bar into it but anyway im really interested in doing a c20xe conversion on it so if any one knows some one sellin a cheap calibra please let me know Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha hi again.
    go c20 from vectra or x20 from astra. calibra are extremely well know for there unreliability. so cheap up front but expensive in the long run. a x16 or x18 would be easier and still get way more power than you need. and massive torque steer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well the its got the c16 standard which runs more power than the x16 n the x18 aint that big of a step up really never thought about the vectra and astras though thanks

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by scotty_gsi Click here to enlarge
    well the its got the c16 standard which runs more power than the x16 n the x18 aint that big of a step up really never thought about the vectra and astras though thanks
    kk fair enough.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shay Click here to enlarge
    haha hi again.
    go c20 from vectra or x20 from astra. calibra are extremely well know for there unreliability. so cheap up front but expensive in the long run. a x16 or x18 would be easier and still get way more power than you need. and massive torque steer.
    All the best for your conversion plans, and mate, all these people who say there is lots of torque steer with a c20xe barina must not have driven one yet. Maybe because on my car has the equal length 3 piece driveshafts from the calibra, but my 2l barina has pretty much 0 torque steer, so people need to say less on this topic. Also to say that an x18 would be worth the time effort and money is not true either, my wifes astra has this very docile motor, the wiring is also much more involve than the c20 series to the barinas (talking about the 1.6 cars with aircon here), look on migweb, how many people have been bothered to put motors in other than a c20xe or let or even the 8v...all that ecotec polution gear too, just gets moe complicated.

Mate, go the c20let if you can find one. Hope this helps ya! Cheers Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck

Can the F20 gearbox from the Calibra be put into the Corsas? Because that and the C20XE is enough to get the cali to 100 in 8.0 seconds - should be great fun in the beep beep.
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys yeh wouldnt mind the c20let but they seem to be practically non exsistant overhere yeh i know lots of people over in the uk with the c20xe in n theres dont torque steer that much i know a guy with a x30xe in one too Click here to enlarge just tryin to find a cheap calibra over here thats been in a smash or sumthin

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been visiting the wreckers or just trying to interweb it? if your visiting see if theyve got any cheap 1 tonners lyin around for me. haha.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jerram Click here to enlarge
    Good luck

Can the F20 gearbox from the Calibra be put into the Corsas? Because that and the C20XE is enough to get the cali to 100 in 8.0 seconds - should be great fun in the beep beep.
    yes it fits, better than the f15 for durability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jerram Click here to enlarge
    Good luck

mate in englands got a x30xe in his corsa which is a 3 litre version of the cali v6 lets just say that engines been in 3 corsas now there all a little twistedClick here to enlarge does 13.6 quarter

Thread Information