0 Thread(s)
    any update re this?? I wanna buy some stuff from irschmer bits hehe

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    can hardly notice him behind that pretty bow Click here to enlarge

so..... whens this happening aye? Click here to enlarge
    Sure, we dont have to worry about viking raids or scurvy anymore, but instead we make a daily routine of sitting in flimsy, fibreglass (or metal) boxes full of gasoline which are propelled in opposing directions on the freeway at velocities matching that of low flying aircraft.

This is a roundabout way of saying that cars are dangerous....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to put this into prospective $60 dollars for a forum is step. Considering i can be a member of the HSV Club of NSW for $100 and this club is a registered CAM club meaning
    all events on circuit is controlled by cams and the club had a heavy involvement from HSV Head office in Melbourne.

However i do see this as a good thing but $60 a year is to steep for what effectively is just a forum with no affliation with CAMS or any backing from a Manfacturer.

Breakdown of where $60 is going below???

Cool Little Membership Icon Under Your Name (Cost $0.00)
    Discount At AutoVaux ( Costing Owner / Admin of Forum$0.00 Costing AutoVaux GP)

Discount From Irmscher-Bitz (Costing Owner/ Admin of forum Costing AutoVaux GP)

2 OpelAus Stickers ( Costing of about $5-$10 each as they are bulk printed and discount is provided to Person funding the orignal purchase)

2 OpelAus Lanyards ( Costing of about $5-$10 each as they are bulk printed and discount is provided to Person funding the orignal purchase)

PM Limit Increased From 250 to 500 (Costing nothing as this is forum set up which can be changed on any forum)

Member Will Appear A Different Colour, Like Admin (Costing nothing as this hack has been added already )

You Will Have Access To 'Members Lounge' - Not Sure What For Yet, But It Will Be An Exclusive Area. (Costing nothing as its just a subsection )

$60.00 for $20 worth of stuff with no support from CAMS or any Manfactuer (ETC GMH) Just for interest take a look at www.vxronline.co.uk . A forum which Vauxhall have heavy involvement in along with the Top VXL Tuners in the UK with no cost what so ever to the members to use. Vauxhall use this to gauge what the Market things and would like to see in future product . No member ship fee required but you can make a donation if you so wish.

Also i raise the question if a paied membership is to be brought in then the there should be a commitee im place. A commitee thats voted in at an Annual GM each year. meaning that the Admin can be changed every 12 months if they new people are elected.
    You also need to show where the funds are being used to thoses who pay for membership . If i was paying $60 i would like to know where them funds are going because i dont wish to see them going to someones pocket. You will need . A bank account should be registered in the Name of " Opelaus " Also reporting to the members should be conducted every 3 months. The Software for VBulletin Basic forum is about $150usd. Domain name isnt that much either nor is the cost of the server.

Im not trying to stur shit but kindly pointing out to thoses who do not have a clear understanding of what should happen if this path is choosen. It needs to be ran correctly and the members are entitled to a say in all matters in terms of how the forum is ran.

The cost is Unrealsitic for what your getting back in return . $30 a year is more realsitic.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Shaun Click here to enlarge
    Also i raise the question if a paied membership is to be brought in then the there should be a commitee im place. You also need to show where the funds are being used to thoses who pay for membership . If i was paying $60 i would like to know where them funds are going because i dont wish to see them going to someones pocket. You will need . A bank account should be registered in the Name of " Opelaus " Also reporting to the members should be conducted every 3 months.
    I really don't know who the hell you think you are but you are in serious need of an attitude adjustment mate. If I could swear, I would, but becuase of people that shall remain nameless (people like YOU) - I can't because it will be censored.

I don't really have to explain myself to you, or anyone else to be exact - not even the ATO, because quite simply, its not nothing to do with you - or anyone else that is in the same position as you. But in answer to some of your questions:

1. The money that is paid (that is, the exact amount we have not decided on) is applied to various OA expenses, such as hosting, licences, costs of membership etc...
    2. Do you run a business? Hell I do, and no, you are actually wrong for once, don't argue with it, you are wrong - you don't need an "OpelAus" bank account - this is not a business. There is no ACN, ABN, ARBN, BN, TFN or any other unique number that identifies us. It's non profit.
    3. Reporting to OA members? Utter bullshit. In relation to the written above, we are not an organisation, we are not incorpoated, nor are we a Public Company. There is no CEO, CIO, CFO, Chairman or board of Directors.
    In case you want to pick at the "costs of membership" well, Poita and myself were thinking of not just a shitty sticker for a car, and a lanyard. Actaully, they aren't exact shitty stickers in the first place. From memory they are about $6 each cost for the type we wanted. We were planning on tshirts, pens, caps, stubbie coolers, coffee cups, keyrings etc.. (the catalogue is beside me now).

Also, ATO form Nat 3346 "Statement of Supplier" can be supplied if needed, in accordance with your "OA bank account" and "reporting to members". Hey, would you like a dividend? http://www.ato.gov.au/content/downloads/nat3346.pdf

Shaun, you are on notice, if you next post contains a single word that breaks our rules, or just one that pisses me off, your finished on OpelAus.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit more perspective - a year's Premium membership to VVOC with all extras included costs 15 pounds ($30).

Extras included everything you'd be getting here, plus a free stick (whatever that is)
    Last edited by Jerram; 3rd February 2009 at 12:23 AM. Reason: removed stated agreement with Shaun
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    im happy paying $60. The amount of stuff i order from autovaux and the discount i will get for it will surley cover the membership fee alone.
    Last edited by Kudrow; 3rd February 2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Removed personal attack
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kudrow Click here to enlarge
    I really don't know who the hell you think you are but you are in serious need of an attitude adjustment mate. If I could swear, I would, but becuase of people that shall remain nameless (people like YOU) - I can't because it will be censored.

I don't really have to explain myself to you, or anyone else to be exact - not even the ATO, because quite simply, its not nothing to do with you - or anyone else that is in the same position as you. But in answer to some of your questions:

1. The money that is paid (that is, the exact amount we have not decided on) is applied to various OA expenses, such as hosting, licences, costs of membership etc...
    2. Do you run a business? Hell I do, and no, you are actually wrong for once, don't argue with it, you are wrong - you don't need an "OpelAus" bank account - this is not a business. There is no ACN, ABN, ARBN, BN, TFN or any other unique number that identifies us. It's non profit.
    3. Reporting to OA members? Utter bullshit. In relation to the written above, we are not an organisation, we are not incorpoated, nor are we a Public Company. There is no CEO, CIO, CFO, Chairman or board of Directors.
    In case you want to pick at the "costs of membership" well, Poita and myself were thinking of not just a shitty sticker for a car, and a lanyard. Actaully, they aren't exact shitty stickers in the first place. From memory they are about $6 each cost for the type we wanted. We were planning on tshirts, pens, caps, stubbie coolers, coffee cups, keyrings etc.. (the catalogue is beside me now).

Also, ATO form Nat 3346 "Statement of Supplier" can be supplied if needed, in accordance with your "OA bank account" and "reporting to members". Hey, would you like a dividend? http://www.ato.gov.au/content/downloads/nat3346.pdf

Shaun, you are on notice, if you next post contains a single word that breaks our rules, or just one that pisses me off, your finished on OpelAus.

Hang on you ask for constructive Feed back. When someone kindly points out that its somewhat steep you decided to Jump on them for it . $60 dollars is steep for a membership to just a forum regardless if you get a shirt cap or what ever else as pointed out you can be a member of CAM club for another $40 dollars a year. Just on discount any tom dick or harry can do that. I managed to do so when ordering out of the uk for my exhaust. Managed to save $1000. Its not hard ....
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $60 dollars is steep for a membership to just a forum regardless if you get a shirt cap or what ever else as pointed out
    Then don't pay it. Simple.

you can be a member of CAM club for another $40 dollars a year.
    This isn't CAMS.

The whole purpose of this thread is to get your ideas as to what you would be happy to pay OpelAus, NOT as a business trying to take your money, but as a way of saying "thanks".

From memory, previous "payers" got NOTHING in their hand for payment - only a few forum upgrades.

As I said before, you are not being forced to pay anything - we are not a business. If you don't pay anything, we don't care - your access will not change, however those who do pay something, we thought it would be nice to reward them with something that they like.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Kudrow has covered a few things, but I will add a couple of things.

Read the thread title Shaun, please read it slowly out loud to yourself.
    What does it say? 'How much would you pay'
    It doesn't say, "Please Line Peter's Pockets" or "Poita Just Bought New Wheels, Please Help Pay For Them"
    The thread here is to ask members what they are willing to pay.
    The thread contains a couple of suggested pricings yes, but nowhere has anyone said 100% this is what the pricing will be.

Yes i could go ahead and set a price, but I haven't.
    I have asked the members, like you what they are willing to pay towards the forums upkeeping.

Me driving around to screen sprinters, sign writers isnt free
    Cpanel is not free
    Vbulletin is not free
    server space is not free
    the extra badwidth we had to buy wasn't free
    the domain name isnt free.
    me making phone calls of roughly 2 hours to the UK to organisethings isnt free.

there is more than what you have listed.
    the price is not set in concrete, its a figure for us to work off

yes i did say memberships would be finalised by the end of January, but its not as simple as clicking my fingers.
    i ahve a full time job besides this, i dont st around on my arse all day doing nothing and being on the forum.

if you dont like it, i have two words for you Shaun, **** Off

there are plenty of members on here who have no dramas wth paying that.

As for CAMS, hey who knows, that's another step we are looking at.

**** me, I've had the forum for what 4 mths.
    The 'clubs' that have CAMS registration, how long have tehy been around for?
    A lot longer than that i bet.

I have no problems with people voicing there opinions, but being arrogant about it and thinking you know better than everyone else pisses me off
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jaysastra04 Click here to enlarge
    just a question for the mods, has anyone looked into the "use of opel brand" problem?
    i remember a thread a while back about problems a ford forum had making a calendar.
    im hoping that if we get shirts they can have the opel blitz symbol.
    Yes.

We won't be allowed to use it for the purpose we want. However there is a way around it. That way around it is still secret Click here to enlarge and won't be told yet. Here is a hint however:

Can't use Opel
    Can't use Opel Aus
    Can use Opelaus/OPELAUS/OpelAus

Thread Information