Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airbag Light

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Airbag Light

Hey, just wondering if anyone would have any idea on why my Astra's airbag light keeps staying on?

It was happening ages ago so i took it to an auto electrician, said it was probly something to do with the seat belt? But the problem seemed to have fixed itself and i just left it...but now its doing it again!
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Forum Regular PrincessPeachey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem with my Corsa B GSi. Car's been in an accident (before I bought it) and have since replaced the seatbelts due to the pretensioners going. Not really sure what's going on with the car, all Holden can tell me is that the SRS light is on. REALLY? I didn't notice....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PrincessPeachey Click here to enlarge
    I have the same problem with my Corsa B GSi. Car's been in an accident (before I bought it) and have since replaced the seatbelts due to the pretensioners going. Not really sure what's going on with the car, all Holden can tell me is that the SRS light is on. REALLY? I didn't notice....
    Holden does not know anything about Opels. Can`t they can check the codes on their computer and see what exactly is wrong?

OpelAus Forum Regular PrincessPeachey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I visited one dealer in the city who near on refused to run the diagnostics check. The other dealer whom I have been dealing with I would never go back to in a million years. We did the paperclip test but of course it didn't come up on that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Holden aren't the ony ones with a tech2
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My TS Astra seems to do the same thing. I reset it, and it came back. Reset it again and it hasnt come back, although the diagnostic check last time indicated it was the passenger side airbag squib circruit (airbag not the pretensioner) resistance being high.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tez Click here to enlarge
    My TS Astra seems to do the same thing. I reset it, and it came back. Reset it again and it hasnt come back, although the diagnostic check last time indicated it was the passenger side airbag squib circruit (airbag not the pretensioner) resistance being high.

silly question.. but how do you reset it? its not as easy as just turning the car off and back on? It doesnt really bother me too much, i just ignore it.. sometimes its always on, other times it doesnt come on at all.

maybe one day i will get another seatbelt and see if that helps, but at the moment its gone again so i dunno... i'll just leave it lol.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought a tool to reset it. Since you say your light comes and goes, then its most likely a wiring or fault in the airbag system and resetting it will not help.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a airbag light on my ASTRA TS CDX. I hooked up my OPCOM and I got back fault "82 Passenger Side Airbag Sensor Circuit Malfunction" I reset the fault codes but the light is still on the dashboard. Are there any brainy guys out there?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Airbag sensors are located behind the radiator support, so open the bonnet and look for a yellow plastic sensor bolted to the radiator support near the headlight. It might simply have not been plugged in causing the fault.

2001 Opel Vectra B - Pioneer 12' sub, Head unit and Amplifier, 2.25 inch Cat-back system, hurricane extractors, Ram-air CAI, XHP JET Chrome 17" Wheels, Opelised, Front lip spoiler, Halo Projectors, KYB Shocks, King Springs

Thread Information