Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So which Opel is the best?

So which Opel is the best?

I own a 3.2 ZC Vectra - i think it rocks. i have heard good reports on it too, some say the interior is a little boring though.

I have test driven a barina or corsa in opelaus speak - hmmmm dare say yuk! I have big feet and man, I had trouble with the pedals.

A friend of mine - he has the 2.2 Astra SRi. I haven't drive it, seems to fang ok but seems liked it needed to be pushed hard.

The Astra Turbo - i have heard good reports too. Never driven or been in one.

On my flight home from Cairns, I read the current Wheels and Motor mags. Motor say the ZC Vectra 3.2 goes from 0-100 in 7.31 & the AstraT in 7.23. Wheels had slower times but they obviously can't drive or record time (kidding). I think the official results overseas are different again saying the Vectra can do it in 7.0 (not sure for the Astra). Regardless, these are pretty impressive results considering that you have Volkswagens, Peugeots, MGs, Hondas, Chryslers, Audis, Alfas and a host of other over priced performance cars do'in roughly the same stats but for 20+G dogs more.

But which one is better considering all factors: Astra, Corsa or Vectra?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    calibra is obviously the best...why go past a 4wd turbo 6 speed one??? Click here to enlarge
    C20LET

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going to start arguements! :wink: Hee hee!!

I love my Astra 2.2. But would own a Barina SRi, Calibra Turbo, Current Vectra Hatch CDXi.
    Nick

MY03 - Astra SRi - Black...Sleek...

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    happy with my car cant afford another so i pick mine to be the best in my eyes Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Degen-Astra
    This is going to start arguements! :wink: Hee hee!!

I love my Astra 2.2. But would own a Barina SRi, Calibra Turbo, Current Vectra Hatch CDXi.
    Your right this will start arguments !!!!!
    I think drive them all and pick the one you like the most !!!!
    There all good in there own way...... but go the SRI T !!!!!!
    GOING BACKWARDS FAST !!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :bang:damn.... i thought everyone knew the astra t was the best opel then the sri barina then the vecy and last calibra :screwy:
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CAL.16V
    calibra is obviously the best...why go past a 4wd turbo 6 speed one??? Click here to enlarge
    because when you try to turn it, it jsut keeps going forward, at least for the fwd version.... 8)

if i had my pick, and a large ammount of money, i would get a V6 vectra B and make it fly, literally

Anonymous
    It's not really the greatest comparison though...it's like comparing apples with oranges really. Each Opel model would have been built with a specific purpose or market in mind.
    But anyway, since you're asking, I'd personally choose the Astra SRI-T as the pick of the bunch out of all the locally delivered models

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm yeah. Before I bought my new ZC Vectra, I was looking to track down a second hand 4wd turbo calibra. I was looking on carpoint for ages and nothing came up (for South Australia). No later than a week after I got my new car, I did the dump thing and had a peep and there was a CalibraT waiting to be bought. Doh.....................

Anyway, I have read a few artciles that have said the CalibraT is a nice car but has a crappy gearbox that shags itself if given too much stick. Obviously that is the case with every car but for people to be writing it - it makes me feel a little uncomfortable. Its abit like when Holden first bought out the 5.7Ltr, all the Holden Dealers had to fix gear box issues on their clients cars because it couldn't handle the power when keen drivers decided to let their SS have it. You don't want gearing issues................ thats not nice. Also, the calibra without the aftermarket kits look abit ordinary, particularly in that common red. Navy blue or black looks cool but that stock red fades and is ordinary. I like calibras - I think they rock but thats only if they have had some work. They do up sickly. What are the official Cally 4wd T 0-100 stats? I have seen all sorts of figures floating around.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Seus
    because when you try to turn it, it jsut keeps going forward, at least for the fwd version.... 8)

if i had my pick, and a large ammount of money, i would get a V6 vectra B and make it fly, literally
    Not quite sure why you say this, cause mine handles quite well, even before I upgraded the suspension.

If we're talking about all Opels what about the VX220
    0-100kph 4.9sec

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information