I'm new here, please be nice s_j_lolux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Newbie to Blitz badged rides

Hi all

I stumbled across this site doing some research on mods for my sisters AH 5 door and I thought I should sign up and enlist the help of some Opel experts. It looks like a very nice place you've got here. I'm a GT Foz lover/driver myself and its had a fair bit done to it over the last few years but I'm not a one eyed fan - if its got a motor I can get enthusiastic about modding it.

If you don't mind I'll post a couple of quick questions here in this thread for you guys to help me out while I learn my way around the site.

1. What is the best first mod? I was thinking rear sway bar and lowered springs.

2. What is the going rate for springs and what brands and model numbers do I keep an eye out for?

3. Whats the go with changing the oil? I saw somewhere mention I need a T-40 Torx and you replace the plug everytime is that right?

4. With Forester GT's there are a lot of parts that can be swapped from WRX's to help improve the handling and performance - is there a car that has some upgraded parts that bolt straight up to the astra with no mods? If so what parts would you use? Bear in mind my sisters car is N/A.

5. Wheels - how big and what offset do these cars need?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi mate

1. What is the best first mod? I was thinking rear sway bar and lowered springs.
    U got it right there
    sway bar White line about $300 give or take

2. What is the going rate for springs and what brands and model numbers do I keep an eye out for?
    Eibachs keep a eye on here and ebay new ones come up all the time or go thru Irmy bits site sponsor in UK still cheaper than getting them off the aus supplier

Eibach Aus will wat a arm and a leg given what they charge

3. Whats the go with changing the oil? I saw somewhere mention I need a T-40 Torx and you replace the plug everytime is that right?
    U need oux bits to get at any thing on these cars I brought 15 thru 50 in both sockets and bits and there has not been one I have not been able to get off yet.

I replaced sump plug every second time in the XC

4. With Forester GT's there are a lot of parts that can be swapped from WRX's to help improve the handling and performance - is there a car that has some upgraded parts that bolt straight up to the astra with no mods? If so what parts would you use? Bear in mind my sisters car is N/A.
    Turbo or VXR springs

not much else but I may be wrong

5. Wheels - how big and what offset do these cars need?
    mid 30's are coming to mind but I will wait for some one else to answer that one, is different to the TS.

VXR comes with 19's there is/was a member with 21" from memory
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome to the forum Click here to enlarge

which model does your sister have? is it the CD/CDX 1.8 or the SRi 2.2?

In general, whiteline swaybars, koni/eibach suspension setups are the way to go. can be pricey, but well worth the money.
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

I'm new here, please be nice s_j_lolux's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its the CD 1.8 - sorry I forgot to mention that

Thread Information