Hi all

I stumbled across this site doing some research on mods for my sisters AH 5 door and I thought I should sign up and enlist the help of some Opel experts. It looks like a very nice place you've got here. I'm a GT Foz lover/driver myself and its had a fair bit done to it over the last few years but I'm not a one eyed fan - if its got a motor I can get enthusiastic about modding it.

If you don't mind I'll post a couple of quick questions here in this thread for you guys to help me out while I learn my way around the site.

1. What is the best first mod? I was thinking rear sway bar and lowered springs.

2. What is the going rate for springs and what brands and model numbers do I keep an eye out for?

3. Whats the go with changing the oil? I saw somewhere mention I need a T-40 Torx and you replace the plug everytime is that right?

4. With Forester GT's there are a lot of parts that can be swapped from WRX's to help improve the handling and performance - is there a car that has some upgraded parts that bolt straight up to the astra with no mods? If so what parts would you use? Bear in mind my sisters car is N/A.

5. Wheels - how big and what offset do these cars need?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!