I'm new here, please be nice Topdown's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello from Sydney

Hi everyone

Thought I'd take the time to introduce myself. My names Anthony and I am the proud owner of a 2003 Astra convertible turbo. Bought it a few weeks back and at the moment its stock standard but judging by what the engine is capable of I don't think it'll stay that way for long.

Look forward to getting to know you all and learning more about my car Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought I'd post a pic as well. Was taken during and after a long detailing process soon after I got my car. Was washed, clay barred and waxed with the new meguiars tech wax. Can highly recommend it for use.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey, welcome to the site Click here to enlarge.
    for the 1st step in performance, contact gman for the remap Click here to enlarge.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ooooooooooh turbo vert, very nice mate.

i bet wraith hasnt replied cause he's still cleaning up his mess Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the welcome, whats involved in a remap btw? would it cause the car to drink more fuel?

Took your advice poita and called autovaux on monday for the timing belt and water pump kit. Cost me $270 landed and bloody DHL came while I was at work this morning and now I gotta go down to their depot and pick it up bah. A few more components to go mainly spark plugs and fuel and cabin filter and i'll be right for my 60k which will be due in a few weeks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in most cases it's beta on fuel Click here to enlarge, depends how much of it's life is spent on boost and at high rpm Click here to enlarge.
    the remap is only $400 and ask most the people on here, 1 of if not the best mod for them, certainly the best $$ vs KW neway Click here to enlarge

although gman is constantly between sydney n hong kong, so u might need to wait for it.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    good to see mate, rock on Autovaux Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information