Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$6bn rescue package for automotive industry

What do you guys think of this?

I think it's a load of crap. They will get $6bn over the next 13yrs and everyone knows that the result of this will be nada, zilch, zero...absolutely nothing. Why should Australia be giving money to American/Asian companies?

Why doesn't the government get a couple of interested parties together and make a truly Aussie company from scratch up. If Holden or Ford go belly up, just buy their factories and employ every single worker that's lost a job with them. It's not like Holden or Ford are trying to do anything for the Australian people, we may as well make our own car where we control where it's gonna be exported, what engine it's gonna use etc...instead of some yank idiot who makes or breaks Ford/Holden from an office in Detroit. And $6bn is more than Tesla Car Co. ever had to start off with hence we will be able to produce a great Australian car of the future.

That's just my view.

Thoughts?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep i agree, why not invest that money into a company that would make electric cars or something along those lines
    Make me a sandwich.

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    i know im going to start a shit fight, but these days what doesnt on this forum.

instead of investing in all these magically hybrid and electric cars, why not invest in solar panel technology.
    people whinge about how there is all these green house gases and shit, why not develop something we already have. it will bring the cost of solar power down for the average home consumer. they make it seem like we are assholes cause we dont use re-newable energy, why not try to make it affordable.
    i know it has been discussed before here, but what happens when there is 5 million electric cars around australia being charged. the grid will melt, and not cope.

im tired, im sick and i feel like shit, so deal with my rambling on Click here to enlarge

OT: yes we should have a car company of our own to rely on, so $$ stays here
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well yeah either way, as long as we don't invest into GM and Ford!

I was thinking more along the lines of investing into research of fuel-creating fungi and bacteria. Click here to enlarge And also, creating an Aussie diesel car for the future that runs on this fuel Click here to enlarge
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This labor ****ing government is throwing our money around willy nilly! IF the ****ing company cannot help itself then tough luck! BYE BYE! use the 6 BILLION DOLLARS like poita said and buy the factories and start a REAL aussie company. there is no real aussie car or car manufacturer.

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Thats 6 Billion dollars that just fled the australian shores and is being used to line the pockets of executives..

This is just like the $60M they gave to Toyota to make a hybrid camry.. Oh wait you were already going to make one whether we gave you $60M or not.. ****! ****! ****!

Sorry i'm just pissed of at the current rate Labor are shitting money to these companies.
    EO XR5T - Dark Side...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heres a thought...

why do you think there is no one true home grown aussie car company??

that builds their own cars and engines here??

becuase it's not viable, thats why..

how good would a business be if they made all this lovely stuff for us and it costs a fortune for little return.. it'd be a dud business, and the government isnt going to throw money at a company thats not going to make a return.. simple..

whinge all you like about gm and ford getting a handout, it's a sensible option for where money should be sent..

i would love to see the govt spend the same money setting up a company that creates clean cars.. but it just aint gonna happen.. solar panels are so inefficient it takes years before the benefit outweighs the setup, and thats both $$ and pollution..
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if they invested thos $6bn into a company, that company could use ford and holden factories to create a reasonably priced if not cheap good quality Aussie car...it's not like Holden/Ford are doing us any favours either!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    it's not like Holden/Ford are doing us any favours either!
    These companies employ thousands of Australian workers who, in some cases are paid up to 20 times that of a similarly ranked employee in another country. These companies support even more Australian workers in component manufacturing companies. You must expect some pretty big favors!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    Well if they invested thos $6bn into a company, that company could use ford and holden factories to create a reasonably priced if not cheap good quality Aussie car...it's not like Holden/Ford are doing us any favours either!

$6bn isnt much in terms of car companies

Didnt holden spend 1bn on development of the latest commodore?
    and thats with infrastructure in place already
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 2002_XC Click here to enlarge
    starfish bed hog Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by daiflu Click here to enlarge
    These companies employ thousands of Australian workers who, in some cases are paid up to 20 times that of a similarly ranked employee in another country. These companies support even more Australian workers in component manufacturing companies. You must expect some pretty big favors!
    Funny thing is...they're sacking them 1 by 1!

Thread Information