Thread: Parts

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Parts

I have a 06 Astra Ah and I am looking for front/back sway bar ,strut brace,induction /pod(Whiteline can make to order however is there off the shelf) and exhaust-I'll use Wayne to do the remap
    Close to the Gold Coast would be good.
    Thanks
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Enthusiast KingOfAstras's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can order a Whiteline Rear Sway bar for the AH Astra off their website - www.whiteline.com.au ($300 for the adjustable, and I believe $280 without + $20 freight)... Instructions are terrible when you get the sheet however there are some better visual descriptions on www.astraownersnetwork.co.uk in their how-to section.
    New: '10 Ford Focus ST/XR5 Turbo
    '06 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    Old: 07.5 Opel Astra H Sporthatch... R.I.P.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you need them fitted and/or couldnt be bothered ordering them, mermaid suspension centre is a whiteline distributor Click here to enlarge.
    exhaust, go to brissy, dont think ne coast shops would have touched an astra turbo, try n find 1 that has done the astra g turbo's so they know about the issues if not done rite. as for induction, just get a pod filter n stick it on Click here to enlarge. unless u wanna change the crossover pipe which i recomment, but changes a $50 mod into a $200-300 mod Click here to enlarge.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the advice.With the pod is a simple matter of removing the existing box?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, pretty much. leave the bottom tray of the airbox but so the air come thru the cold air induction still, and it sucks less hot air in. hot air does affect them a bit, especially the h model. u will need a small legth of 2 1/2" pipe but to put the pod onto, as the hose there is rubber aswell.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    will the pod sit in the bottom tray securely auz? have you done a similar set up? if so pics?
    "Grown men shouldn't have to buy other grown men birthday gifts unless they're f***ing" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
    Click here to enlarge
    MY06 Subaru Impreza WRX; 2.5" Magnaflow Diff Back, Whiteline 22mm Adj. R.S.B, H&R Sport Springs

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have, it wont sit securely, but it wont move Click here to enlarge
    if you want you could screw a strap over it from the screw points from the stock airbox cover or similar Click here to enlarge.

oh n dont have ne pics Click here to enlarge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your help

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A new 2-3 inch cold air feed might be worth investigating. You put the inlet end at a place where air gets pushed in while you're driving, and the outlet close to the pod, which you ideally also get a heat shield for. The OEM cold air feed is less than 1 inch in diameter at the inlet (which is near the fog light) and really won't cut it if you're using a pod.

By law in Qld, the Pod Filter itself needs to be secured to the car. (I have a K&N 57i, and it came with a bar which went from a screw head on the jubilee clip on the pod to the place where the bottom half of the OEM airbox attached to the body.) A fellow queenslander recently got defected for not having this connection.
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

Thread Information