Thread: xenons

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    H7 kit
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XENON...6803QQtcZphoto

But as it has been said numerous times before.... you will just increase glare and ruin your current headlights beam, cutoff and spread. They are just not made for the HID light source... different focal point/shape.

If you want more light (that matches your existing lheadlamps) then Visionplus Extreme or (sylvania/osram) Silverstar Extreme are the way to go. They are H7 bases with the higher outputs of the H9 technology bulbs. They will be whiter than normal h7 bulbs but not blue.

can you tell me the difference between the lights in your link and the ones i put up?

If you want to control the spread of light just get a set of angel eyes and job done.
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CNBLU Click here to enlarge
    If you want to control the spread of light just get a set of angel eyes and job done.
    the astra's reflector type headlamps were not designed to be used with HID globes, as rjastra pointed out. its focal point is different. and if u do choose to anyway, make sure u get the shielded hid globe type (D2R). u'll still get light scatter.

u need to get projector type headlamps, and as cnblu said - angel eyes r one example.
    however, not all angel eyes, or projector headlamps can handle hid globes. this depends on what material is used for the projector lens (not the headlight cover). cheaper ones use polycarbonate cause its cheaper to manufacture. however these will discolor overtime due to the heat produced inside by the hid globe. eventually no light will emit through.
    the same thing will happen if u retro fit hids into ur stock headlights. the headlight cover is made of the same polycarbonate material. u'll cook it from the inside, n eventually discolor it.

the more expesive ones use glass, n hence can handle the heat produced by the hid globes. they will also shield the headlight cover from the heat.

oh...n i wouldn't recommend anything higher than 6000k. unless ur going purely for looks.
    SOLD!! Soon to be Skoda Octavia vRS!
    Rieger Tuning Bodykit; Whiteline Rear Sway Bar; Whiteline Front Brace-Strut; Bilstein Heavyduty Strut Mounts; Koni Sports Shocks; Sports Ryder Performance Springs; DEPO Angel Eyes 5000k Xenons[/B]; Kamei Mesh Sports Grille; Hurricane Muffler; Hella FF50 Foglights; INXX Bonnet Lifters; 17x7.5" StarCorp Gunmetal 6;

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought meself a pair of angeleyes (375 posted)

I'm gonna see how they go OEM (don't forget almost anything is better then the pre-facelift vec B's headlights) and then see if it's worth putting a HID kit into the H1 projector.
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CNBLU Click here to enlarge
    All i can say is BROTEKClick here to enlarge

Got some H7 bulb holders from Autovaux then drilled a hole through the middle so the HID bulb fits straight through. Took about 30 minutes and most of that was drilling.

Cant fault them....just dont get infront of meClick here to enlarge
    You don't have a part number for those do you???
    Epsilon Renntech
    2003 Astra SRi-T - The Phantom
    EMTRON ECU
    Borg Warner EFR7163 & EFR9180
    Tuned by Scott @ Insight Motorsports

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gman Click here to enlarge
    You don't have a part number for those do you???
    Part number for the bulb holders?
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys as mentioned b rj, if you buy a 'proper' H7 Xenon HID kit, you don't need to do any of that...they fit straight in Click here to enlarge

All you have to do is make a neat hole in the backing cap, for the HID globe wiring and the HID kit will come with a tight fitting grommet to close it all up nicely !!! (refer to 1st pic below)

Also as noted by JR, please DO NOT install Xenon HID globes in standard headlight units - there are too many people on the roads who've taken this cheap/easy way out and are a danger to other road users, because of the blinding they cause...

Go to the trouble of getting projector headlight assembles installed also, the benifit for the extra cost, is not only better and compliant operation, but far superior/better looking headlights as well Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

As said additional cost of entire headlight assemblies is well worth it, as you also get a very nice looking set of angel eyes...lots of guys here have these now.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    angel eyes.... really?
    - Hatin' Astra doors since I turned 20 g.

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mek Click here to enlarge
    angel eyes.... really?
    Yes angel eyes BMW style...they do also go by other names, but angel eyes is the most common.

You can't see them in the pics above ??

Pic 2, the glowing rings Click here to enlarge they replace the operation of the small 5watt 'parker' bulb in the standard or stock headlight assemblies...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just changed my headlights with a set containing the halos

Click here to enlarge
    Who Is Ur Daddy & What Does He Do?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Niiiiiice ^^^^

Well done, looks so much better dosn't it both off or fired up Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information