Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pirelli GTi is available in colour other than yellow Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw the new generation Golf gti in the wheel magazine (nov 2008 edition)...to be honest...it looks like poo. may be wonderfully engineered but man this thing looks ugly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    The Pirelli GTI is available in colour other than yellow Click here to enlarge

yeah i know it is, but the last thin i red on it was that the fist lot here were yellow only.

oh yeah i fixed your quote too Click here to enlarge

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSS_Hoon Click here to enlarge
    yeah i know it is, but the last thin i red on it was that the fist lot here were yellow only.

oh yeah i fixed your quote too Click here to enlarge

SSS_Hoon

Yeh, yellow only, because it's meant to be a Perelli special edition thing...Perelli colours are yellow and black, so that's why it's that way Click here to enlarge

Also just for info, spoke to an Audi service technician early this morning (same dealer I went to for the TTS test drive) and he told me the engine in the new TTS is the same as the engine in the new S3 (but with more power as we know) but definitely not the same engine as in any of the VW Golf models...

He said he'd heard the new Golf Mk6 Gti's will also use this engine, but in different tunes, with a different version of the K04 (normal smaller one) the K04 fitted to the Audi cars has been re-worked and can flow much higher volume at much higher boost pressures...

I spoke to a guy from APS Australia a few weeks ago when I test drove the TTS regarding tunes, when I get some time, I'll call back and see what he can tell me regarding some specifics.

What APS told me then was interesting though as with just a software tune on the new S3 (they havn't got a hold of or done any new TTS's yet) they are achieving 240kw and 450nm...up from 195kw and 350nm, so should be identicle for the TTS.

Whereas a basic software tune on a Mk5 Gti will start at around 173kw and 290nm to about 195kw and 410nm with one of the most agressive maps.

The max. they can get from a Golf Gti is 228kw and 460nm, but that's with intake and exhaust as well, beyond that, the motor needs modding and parts (turbo etc.) need upgrading.

So that's a confirmation the TFSI in the S3 and TTS has far greater potential and is a stronger unit, mechanical parts wise Click here to enlarge

Quite a few O/S tuners have this engine at 250-280kw and almost 500nm, should only be a matter of time before APS can offer similar here Click here to enlarge I do also know that APS have tuned many DSG equipped vehicles to 450nm without anything going wrong, so that's re-assuring, as I definitely want to go with DSG if I get one these...

I'm just going to hang in and wait for the TTRS to be released and see what it's all about - hopefully all the speculation is true and it features an IL5 or 'VR5' (staggered inline 5) 2.4-2.5ltr with 250-260kw stock and the 7spd DSG (which is a much stronger unit than the 6spd DSG, although I've read that this trans is only going to be used on longitudinal engine mount configurations, not transverse engine mounts), we should know in a few months...

I've read an article on an Audi Swedish forum which stated that this new Audi engine has been mechanically endurance tested to a whopping 441kw Click here to enlarge without suffering any component failures...I can only guess Audi maybe want to use this donk in future rally endeavours ?? (as was the 1st quattro) that's why its been built to be so strong, but is an early indication into the massive tuning potential of that one...the Audi TTRS should be quite a machine, the price tag will be interesting...not Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The new generation Golf Gti has 150KW and 280NM stock. Apparently, they have re-engineered even the door seals to make it quieter...

Pitty about the looks....Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    The new generation Golf Gti has 150KW and 280NM stock. Apparently, they have re-engineered even the door seals to make it quieter...

Pitty about the looks....Click here to enlarge
    I think it's a pity VW won't bring in the Scirocco to Aust. because they reckon it'll kill the Golf sales...that's the real shame, that car looks fantastic and I'm sure lots of people here would be interested in one of those...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    I think it's a pity VW won't bring in the Scirocco to Aust. because they reckon it'll kill the Golf sales...that's the real shame, that car looks fantastic and I'm sure lots of people here would be interested in one of those...
    They haven't decided yet....

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    They haven't decided yet....
    So there's still hope ?? that's good to hear Click here to enlarge

I'm sure most people would love them to, whatever sales they lose in Golfs, they'll have in Sciroccos, so why not...

For the die hard Gti fans, well they'll have their cake too with the introduction of the speculated Gti-R which I'm sure will be released...and probably be in the same price bracket as the Sti/Evo 10...
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information