Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question for thoe who have Opelised

What sort of reactions do you get?

There was a guy behind me today who looked my car up and down then shook his head. He looked confused for a moment and then disgusted...in the same way that you would look at a blatent hoon.

So have you had any positive, negative or funny comments/reactions?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well it seems to impress the ladies (probably because the vec is rare enough that they, in their feminine minds, have never seen a Holden variant that they can remember), but other then that I haven't had any real reactions to it - and hey people don't even pay me out for my hood ornament, which obviously means that it looks in it's placeClick here to enlarge

Oh, bout the ladies as well I think they might appreciate going out in something that's not a shitbox toyota camry or some rice burner with a 10" cannon on the back.
    '91Alfa Romeo 164Q
    '02 Jaguar S-Type 3.0 ~ '98 BMW 740il ~ '02 Saab 9-5 aero ~ '99 Saab 9-3 Viggen Convertible ~'00 Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 ~ '97 Volvo S40 T4 ~ '94 Saab 900s 2.5 ~ '98 Opel Vectra 2.0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    i always get "is it an opel?" to witch i reply "yes its been imported from belgium" Click here to enlarge
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's alot of people that agree with us rebadging to the original manufacturer. but there's also alot that will shoot us down because its "Strailya mate, its a Holden"
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jerram Click here to enlarge
    well it seems to impress the ladies (probably because the vec is rare enough that they, in their feminine minds, have never seen a Holden variant that they can remember), but other then that I haven't had any real reactions to it - and hey people don't even pay me out for my hood ornament, which obviously means that it looks in it's placeClick here to enlarge

Oh, bout the ladies as well I think they might appreciate going out in something that's not a shitbox toyota camry or some rice burner with a 10" cannon on the back.

LOL.

nothing wrong with a ricer with a 10" cannon zorst (hehehe) well not exactly 10" more like 4" but still.

Im sure my ricer would own yo ass! LoL...

Hood ornament what the?

I think that de badging is the way to go looks cleaner. As for rebadgeing well its a personal preference and not my cup of tea, some look good others just shocking.

As for the ladies being impressed by a vectra as its rare Click here to enlarge but i guess its hard to determing sarcasm in a forum post aint it.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have had both my astra and past vectra opelised. its well worth it. plenty of good reactions. since my vectra is gone and the astra needs to be fixed im going completely badgeless on it except for a few 'astra' word badges so i dont have to tell ppl what it is. they can decide wether they want it to be holden, opel or even vauxhall
    '02 Astra 3dr
    Dark Blue
    Written off!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the Opelized cars i've seen on the street look damn good, i love the lighting badge

but for me, just debadging the words and leaving the lion badge on - i like it being subtle

btw regarding shitbox Camrys - my parents used to have a Camry. shitbox = no. whitegood = yes. can't argue with Toyota build quality...

OpelAus Enthusiast moose_factor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Nemo would say..."What's with all the Z's" hahahaha
    2006 Astra H 5dr CD (Link to my Car)
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i like mine debadged rather than rebadged.
    apart from the "astra" badge, i got nothin else that says opel or holden.
    so that way i don't get both critisms:-
    "its not an opel"
    or
    "its not a holden"

safest bet. n the nicest lookin option for me Click here to enlarge
    SOLD!! Soon to be Skoda Octavia vRS!
    Rieger Tuning Bodykit; Whiteline Rear Sway Bar; Whiteline Front Brace-Strut; Bilstein Heavyduty Strut Mounts; Koni Sports Shocks; Sports Ryder Performance Springs; DEPO Angel Eyes 5000k Xenons[/B]; Kamei Mesh Sports Grille; Hurricane Muffler; Hella FF50 Foglights; INXX Bonnet Lifters; 17x7.5" StarCorp Gunmetal 6;

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Calibrated Click here to enlarge
    there's alot of people that agree with us rebadging to the original manufacturer. but there's also alot that will shoot us down because its "Strailya mate, its a Holden" before jumping back in their ute or ss thats got Chevrolet badges and a huge Chevrolet badge across the rear windscreen
    Edited for accuracy

Thread Information