Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You sure you weren't sitting in a Viva?
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Charlatan Click here to enlarge
    Really?? When I tested the Astra I thought it had the cheapest nastiest interior I had come across. The 03 SRi Barina was a much better fit, feel and finish. I walked away from the astra at that point.
    Really? Because I came from a Barina SRi, to an Astra. Fit and finish? Ok... lower the drivers window all the way in the Barina, and then close the door. It will rattle. Do the same in an AH, it won't. I had body creaks coming from my 2 year old Barina; none in my 2 year old Astra. When i had the Barina in reverse the brakes would screech; not in the Astra. The Plastic used for the door handles would sometimes creak a little bit too.

As everyone knows the suspension bushes creak in the AH, and i've had the occasional squeak or rattle, but that's it.

Don't get me wrong... for me the Barina was more fun, but to say the AH's interior was the cheapest nastiest interior you'd ever come across is a bit of a stretch!!

I've always preferred the XR5/ST, but when I went to buy mine... the Astra was a couple of grand cheaper, which swayed me

Anyway back on topic lol Click here to enlarge
    2006 Subaru WRX

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    Astra - quicker in straight line

Focus - quicker around track
    Not by tiffs test . when he drove it round there track. Astra had about a car lengths lead at the end . ill find the clip on you tube.

the gap was similar to driving with two hands as it was o driving with one hand.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    and you'll never get an Astra to sound as good Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    honestly i dont know where you come up with these opinions hahahaha

may aswell say "you'll never get a GTR SKYRICE to sound as awesome as a 427 chev"

friggin ell
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    Astra - quicker in straight line

Focus - quicker around track
    VXR has more power than the Focus stock vs stock...

If given the same power/weight ratio to both cars - Focus will eat an Astra in the straight and on the track Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by OPC Click here to enlarge
    honestly i dont know where you come up with these opinions hahahaha

may aswell say "you'll never get a GTR SKYRICE to sound as awesome as a 427 chev"

friggin ell
    My opinion in this case is based on having heard both cars in question Click here to enlarge

I've driven and taken note of the exhaust note on a stock VXR and to be honest, it sounds like, well nothing - typical 4 pot sound !!!

I've been in a stock Xr5T Focus and the exhaust note was very nice, more audible and a much nicer rumble than the Astras 4 pot !!!

I've heard (on vids) the exhaust note from VXR's with aftermarket exhausts along with all the 'snap crackle and pops' LOL Click here to enlarge - for me, not something that excited me !!!

I've heard an Xr5T with a modded exhaust and it sounded awesome - IMHO very hard to pick which would be better between it and the rumble of a Wrx !!!

I'm sure you are well aware yourself of the beautiful exhaust note made by the IL5 turbo engine Click here to enlarge

Hopefully that answers your question Click here to enlarge

Oh and I'll admit, the GT-R's TT V6 sounds great, but it'll NEVER sound as good as a Chev 427 or any Chev V8 for that matter Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Granted . Volvo's 5 Cylinder is a nice sounding engine. Its unqiue thats for sure.
    How ever after spending a day with the XR5 Boys about two months ago our findings of both cars are impressive. VXR has it all over the Focus exiting a corner in terms of pulling way. Underbrakes the XR5 Turbo will gain ground. Straight line speed there is some difference . VXR pulls away nicely . (not hugely but nice gap) My comments ARE unbaisis about this.

The XR5 Guys are impressed with how the VXR preforms and even commented that its nothing like the reviews they had read or seen on tv shows such as top gear. Likewise Archie and my self both were impressed with the XR5 T Focus.

99% of people commenting wouldnt have even sat in a VXR let alone drive one on a daily basis. But you all seem to be motoring experts on the car.

Heres a thought. Why dont you buy one then pass judgement. Typical so called experts strike again.
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lampshade Click here to enlarge
    The Vxr is 16 sec's quicker round the ring than the ST Click here to enlarge
    Theres the proof really. What more can you ask for.....
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well said
    "Grown men shouldn't have to buy other grown men birthday gifts unless they're f***ing" - Johnny 'Drama' Chase
    Click here to enlarge
    MY06 Subaru Impreza WRX; 2.5" Magnaflow Diff Back, Whiteline 22mm Adj. R.S.B, H&R Sport Springs

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if a STOCK AH SRi T would be 16 seconds faster round the 'Ring than a stock XR5/ST Click here to enlarge

I suppose a XR5 owner could take the $7000 he saved buying his XR5 (over a VXR) and do some serious mods Click here to enlarge

Thread Information