Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    The Astra has a much much better quality feel inside the cabin though. Click here to enlarge

I'd probably still buy the Astra just because I'd never reach the limits of either of these two cars. Click here to enlarge
    That's true, although the new Focus is an improvement and the Xr5T has some cool features like boost gauge factory standard Click here to enlarge

Comparing current Astra turbo models to the turbo Focus models, purchase prices included, Xr5T all the way for me Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Focus has factory boost, oil temp and pressure gauges plus the new LV model has keyless ignition plus an awesome voice control feature to make calls and control the stereo! Which at first i though would be tacky and not work but its flawless! Great seats! And the 2.5L I5 turbo charged engine is soooo smooth! You cannot comment untill you have driven this car! The boost comes on smoothly not kicking you in the arse and the amount of pull even in the wrong gears! The interior is accented by red 'submarine' lighting at night which makes the car look even cooler!

The astra is a great car but just didn't appeal to me this time.

Both go fast but the choice comes down to what you feel more comfortable in.
    EO XR5T - Dark Side...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Huhness Click here to enlarge
    Focus has factory boost, oil temp and pressure gauges plus the new LV model has keyless ignition plus an awesome voice control feature to make calls and control the stereo! Which at first i though would be tacky and not work but its flawless! Great seats! And the 2.5L I5 turbo charged engine is soooo smooth! You cannot comment untill you have driven this car! The boost comes on smoothly not kicking you in the arse and the amount of pull even in the wrong gears! The interior is accented by red 'submarine' lighting at night which makes the car look even cooler!

The astra is a great car but just didn't appeal to me this time.

Both go fast but the choice comes down to what you feel more comfortable in.
    Well put and totally agree - I too wasn't a fan until I inspected one up close and personal and immediately accepted the fact that it was o/a superior to an Astra...and for all the modders/tuners out there, the 2.5ltr turbo donk is a real gem too and you'll never get an Astra to sound as good Click here to enlarge

The interior ambient lighting is a copy cat feature of BMW's Audi's and Merc's have had for ages, no surprises as the Focus has its origins from Germany Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope Shaun doesnt read this. He will be shattered!Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by rusole21; 10th September 2008 at 05:26 PM.
    dose for a day

or bov for a lifetime?

i think i know which one i'll choose. Haterz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll still drive a Astra!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    and the result... Astra is rubbish it seems. Lighter and 20kw up on Focus yet quite a bit slower round the track.
    Last time 5th gear tested the VXR and Focus the VXR was quicker one handed mind you in the hands of tiff.

Shaun
    2007 HSV VXR Arden Blue
    My Other toy is a 2013 Yamaha FX SHO Waverunner!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    See, that's the problem, you need a proper haired chest to drive the Astra as it should be done Click here to enlarge
    Renault SPORT Clio RS 200 Cup Trophee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Astra - quicker in straight line

Focus - quicker around track
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    and the result... Astra is rubbish it seems. Lighter and 20kw up on Focus yet quite a bit slower round the track.

The Vxr is 16 sec's quicker round the ring than the ST Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular Charlatan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    The Astra has a much much better quality feel inside the cabin though. Click here to enlarge

I'd probably still buy the Astra just because I'd never reach the limits of either of these two cars. Click here to enlarge
    Really?? When I tested the Astra I thought it had the cheapest nastiest interior I had come across. The 03 SRi Barina was a much better fit, feel and finish. I walked away from the astra at that point.
    welcome to riceworld

Thread Information