Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1st Time Convertible Owner

Hey everyone!

Found this forum through astraownersclub while wishing their were more aussies that owned astra's. I'm the very proud owner of an 03' Convertible Turbo Astra. I've had it now just on 3 weeks and am very satisfied having upgraded from a Toyota Echo w/out power steering Click here to enlarge (I know theres a story in that)

Bought it from a car auction house for a good price and with lowish k's, 51k to be precise. Its stock standard atm but planning some upgrades in the near future. Front and rear strut brace to improve handing and a cold air intake to improve engine response and sound.

I'm also after a few tips on where to take my car for the 60k major service. Have been quoted $1100+ by a holden dealership and want to know if thats the norm or can I get a better deal. Midas has quoted me $800 but are using 3rd party parts.

Anyhows glad to be onboard and am looking forward to the discussions.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Last edited by Cheetah; 7th September 2008 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Trying to post pic

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome to the forum, make sure you get onto gman for a remap, it costs $400, and is byfar the best upgrade for $$$ for the turbo's.
    also there is a newcastle meet up next weekend, try n get along. it's a great chance to meet some of the members Click here to enlarge.
    http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17795

hey, if you interesested in the tune and wanna talk bout it, i will most likely be at the newcastle meet, and can answer some of your questions Click here to enlarge
    and if you were keen i may be able to flash it for you, and just pass on the funds to gman, as it's his area for the turbo's, i would have to confirm this with him 1st of coarse.
    gman is constantly traveling between oz and hong kong.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Call Mark from autovaux for the 60k service parts. Holden are a rip off.

Just got mine sent down, cost me 80pounds delivered for a timing belt kit and a water pump. You wont beat that price anywhere.

Welcome and Very nice ride.
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice ride mate

wraith will be stoked to see another turb vert on the forum Click here to enlarge
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice car Click here to enlarge this will be my next car for sure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to Opelaus.... enjoy your time here.

Thread Information