Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha, was going to bring the astra down, but thinking 20hrs each way and a total of around 600-800 in fuel (going newell, i'm sure i'd burn a lil more Click here to enlarge, or should i say 20-25psi Click here to enlarge), so i decided to take the flying option or around 200-300 Click here to enlarge.

thanks pauly Click here to enlarge.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

OpelAus Forum Hierarchy Nurb608's Avatar
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    And still nothing for the 3.2L Vecs Click here to enlarge Might have to ship it to the UK and back!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think powerchip do the 3.2L veccy.
    but no still nothing for the 3.2L Click here to enlarge.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yer only powerchip does it from my research into it for another mate.
    Audi B6 2004 A4 1.8T S-Line Black. Its Bloody well tuned by AuzVectra.
    *Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you. Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Auzvectra i am willing to put the deposit down a little closer to the date. im also pretty sure it is the first line - but could be wrong.

so i was thinking to get the most out of the re map i should try and do some of the mods daavek suggested. de restricting the air box seems to be alright but how about the vectra intake and pre cat?? i went onto the astra owners club website to the how to section and seem a littl complicated. im quite the newbie when it comes to mechanical stuff so my question is am i reaching too high to try and do some of this stuff without sufficient knowledge other than the how to guides?????

thanxs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rond, depends on what you would like to do, the tune itself will re-learn from other mods u do afterwards, as you have a G 2.2L there is a few things you can do like de-restricting air box can help, get a k&n panel filter or pod filter, but you dont have to do it until after the tune if u wish.
    Last edited by vectraguy01; 15th September 2008 at 02:21 PM.
    Audi B6 2004 A4 1.8T S-Line Black. Its Bloody well tuned by AuzVectra.
    *Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you. Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well my main aim is to increase power a litte bit and figured i could do the mods i said in my earlier post. problem is i also find the astra to be a little thirsty relative to the performance of the car so i dont want to increase my fuel bill like crazy either. i find esp in first gear it is a little slow off the mark so just want a little performance increase. maybe the re map will be all i need in terms of performance. although i was going to be buying a polo gti which is quite the pocket rocket - especially compared to the astra. i find the astra more of a cruiser than a sports car so.

i figure also if im spending money on the re map maybe i could do some other other mods to complement it.

getting back on topic though. the pre cat is definately too hard for me to do but i maybe able to do the vectra intake. question is where would i source one from? i saw on irmsher website i can get it but is there a place locally that is a bit cheaper?

thanxs for your help.

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry double post

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, dave revolked that statement in a post later on, but i didnt bother adding that, as every lil bit does help Click here to enlarge.
    i also sujested on dave's to heat wrap the intake pipe (airbox-throttle body) which he did, as there is a lot of heat right there and the cooler the air the better.
    the 1st of a line only refers to the 1st car to get a tune with that specific motor, so only the barina/corsa's and the C20SEL, C22SEL, X15XE i belive are all thats left.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    try ebay, search "astra large intake" or "vxr intake"

Thread Information