My car was in a minor accident a couple of months ago, and since it was getting repaired under insurance I thought I'd take the opportunity to get a full respray. It will be repainted in Candy Apple Blue and fitted with a kit.

It has been 2 weeks so far, but they have been waiting for some metal parts to come back and they have been short staff and also the late arrival of the kit.
Besides this guy is very perdantic and wants things done right. All holes have been filled with sheet metal then welded and they have used as little body filler as possible.

New door skin and rear quarter been fixed.
Click here to enlarge

Third light boot holes filled
Click here to enlarge

Indicators filled
Click here to enlarge

Bonnet Badge filled
Click here to enlarge

A custome plate made from metal was premade so that the Sparco fuel cap can sit flush to the body. this was then welded in place.
Click here to enlarge

The panel between the lights that I got from Germany, didn't quite fill the gap and was a little crooked. Being the person he is this wasn't good enough, so he had a panel made up from sheet metal to be welded on. Alot of work but well worth it.
Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge
Still needs minor work to get it sitting perfect, notice it sits a tiny bit higher then the rear light on the right.
Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge

Moving the number plate to the rear bar was a little harder then I though. Initially I just wanted them to cut it then make the mounting plate out of fibre glass, but being a fussing bastard that he is, he convinced me that this method will eventually crack. We were going to do the above then make a mould and then make a full fibre glass bar but that required a bit more $$$. So he called around and got a plastic welder to do the job.

Cutting the bar for the opening
Click here to enlarge

We had to find a number plate panel from another car with the same grade plastic to cut apart. The doner was a Pulsar front bar.
Click here to enlarge

Welding the new piece in place.
Click here to enlarge

A closer look
Click here to enlarge

And this is what it looks like back on the car. Not quite finished, still need to make the side bits for the panel.
Click here to enlarge

Thats it so far, untill the next update.... stay tuned Click here to enlarge
Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!