Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    What I'd like to know is how they know how many k's you've done...trust the customer!?
    well you could lie about how many km's your car has when the policy starts, but then what happens if you have an accident when the km's on the car are less than what you stated when the policy started?

you're busted and then i'd imagine not insured
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge

As for AAMI having crap repairers...I don't agree. It all depends. In my case it was a pretty good bloke who did a bloody good job. Depends on locale I guess.
    i never said that you would never get a good repairer, what I said is that you'll get the cheapest repairer.

count yourself lucky. 9/10 times cheap doesn't equal good.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have made a claim with aami when i was not at fault and got my preffered repairer who was not cheapest.

i could either to take it to their repair centre and they organise it all with repairer of their choice or i had to get 3 quotes myself then took it to an assesor who made the decision, i told him who the preferred on was and he said ok. certainly more time consuming, but if you want the choice thats what you gotta do.

it was about a $2k job and my preferred was about $400 higher.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Snotty Click here to enlarge
    i have made a claim with aami when i was not at fault and got my preffered repairer who was not cheapest.

i could either to take it to their repair centre and they organise it all with repairer of their choice or i had to get 3 quotes myself then took it to an assesor who made the decision, i told him who the preferred on was and he said ok. certainly more time consuming, but if you want the choice thats what you gotta do.

it was about a $2k job and my preferred was about $400 higher.
    + 1

Same thing just 2 weeks ago with R's Astra. AAMI did a great job, almost as good as the repairer.

Happy as..... Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    i never said that you would never get a good repairer, what I said is that you'll get the cheapest repairer.

count yourself lucky. 9/10 times cheap doesn't equal good.
    Don't think mine was the cheapes...it was just a little bump on the bonnet and a front bumper bar replacement, nothing else. I saw the receipt and the guy charged $2600. That can't be the cheapest for that.Click here to enlarge
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    I'm with Shannons

cheaper than AAMI.

Agreed value was similar, mods are ok with both.

however Shannons provides choice of repairer. AAMI does not.

Ange, be careful with AAMI.

even if you're not at fault, AAMI will give it to the cheapest repairer. They will allow you choose your repairer IF your preferred repairer is cheaper than their cheapest repairer.

You may be better off chasing the at fault car's insurer directly.

and thats if you're not at fault! when you're are at fault- prepare for your car to be repaired by the cheapest repairer available.

AAMI also do not allow the repairer to use a new part, where an used or generic part can be sourced.

Shannons are great so far. But you never know until you make a claim.

After an non-at fault claim with AAMI has left me with a sour taste.

RACV is much better than AAMI when it comes to repairs. not just my view, but the view of Mr Gloss..

Thanks for the heads up John, I'll keep that in mind...

Only reason I'm with them is because I've got everything bundled together with them, ie: house and contents and all the cars, so the premium rates in my case are excellent...

I've only ever had to claim once in nearly 25 years of driving, wasn't my fault as an old car of mine many years ago was hit and smashed while it was parked and I don't know who did it...

Anyways AAMI looked after me very well in that situation, they coughed up no probs and I WAS ABLE TO CHOOSE MY OWN REPAIRER !!!

If it's not like that anymore these days ??? I'll have to change insurer when my policies are due...

I've already decided to go to Shannons for my vert, because it is highly/substantially modified and rarely driven and no mainstream insurance company will cover that extent of modifications or give a good discount for limited usage, so Shannon's it is for my vert...for the rest of them, I'll hunt around a better deal, if not successful, I'll stick to AAMI for now Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, they we're too bad before.. but i wasn't happy with it..

if you drive a 10 year car and never polished it, these drivers shouldn't have an issue with AAMI.

but if you value your car, i suggest you look elsewhere..

i've been burnt before by AAMI, but if you had a good experience with AAMI then lucky you.

From AAMI-

For your peace of mind, we choose the repairer and arrange the repair.

We ordinarily obtain two independent, competitive quotes, from repairers recommended by AAMI. If you want, you can choose a repairer to provide one of the quotes. Our assessor will review the quotes, including any quote from a repairer you choose, and what is necessary to properly repair your car. We will choose the repairer who has submitted the more competitive and complete quote and that will be the repairer who repairs your car.

car is outside its manufacturer’s standard new car warranty period

New and/or reconditioned OEM (original equipment manufacture) parts will be used except for the replacement of windscreens and window glass

Thread Information