Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Melbourne. Stabbed in the back, but not dead.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insurance woes...

Rang up RACV b4 asking about lowering and rims. they said i can't go lower than 30mm from std height and the rim width can't exceed 6inch!!

now the lowering i'm not to fussed even though i wanted to drop her 40mm. but 6 inch max rim width!?! Firstly the rims i'm getting only come in 17x7's and secondly if they did come in 6in they would look like big @ss pizza cutters!

end result: FCUK'EM, FCUK'EM HARD!! I'm doin it anyway. they don't want to insure me, i'll go some place else.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Victorian Events Co-Ordinator... or anti-social behavioral disorder therapist
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait...what width came on the car as standard?
    Nick

MY03 - Astra SRi - Black...Sleek...

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the rims that both Frankie and I have - 15x6 standard on SRi. 14.5 on the lesser Barina models. Nowadays its 16x6 and 15x6 respectively.

Click here for vic roads modifications document

Anonymous

Re: Insurance woes...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Frankie9fingers
    end result: FCUK'EM, FCUK'EM HARD!! I'm doin it anyway. they don't want to insure me, i'll go some place else.
    That's the spirit Click here to enlarge
    I did the same thing, although somehow I doubt my 18's are legal anyway...

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not wrong till they deny the claim Click here to enlarge
    ins co's can be right arse's.....
    I wanna mod mine, my sri (astra) is 20mm lower than "stock" already, but it IS stock, so i want to lower it by ANOTHER 20mm, to make it 20mm lower than stock sri Click here to enlarge
    However, the insurance company (NRMA) underwriters management (!!!) sent me a letter saying i'm "too high a risk" no claims, 22, male, NCB 5 (55%) they won't insure me unless i remove most of the car stereo and leave the car stock...... which sucks big time, i rang them to complain, they just said, look, we didn't make the decision the company that covers us did.... kinda bad, was a personal written letter and all, actually signed... Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    i've looked every where else, and besides going with a broker (which is risky because they are more likely to deny a claim than nrma) i can do sweet FA about it Click here to enlarge
    Astra SRi 2003
    Lumma Grill
    Headlight eyelids
    Colour Coding
    Turbo Mags
    Eibach
    LED dash/interior
    ICE Click here to enlarge
    *I choose to reject your reality and substitute my own*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had to change my insurance from NRMA to AAMI because NRMA won't insure me with the 7" rims Click here to enlarge

Good news is that the premium is lower Click here to enlarge , though the "value" of the car is less (if it is a total loss). I can live with that.

Best idea is to shop around, nothing wrong with brokers, as long as you know who the insurance company is. They normally just arrange the cover. I have used (and claimed through) brokers in the past and they are OK.

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try Just car insurance they basically let u do anything and everything as long as its legal Click here to enlarge pretty good pricing too

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was happy with Just Cars and use to give them the good word, but I too now share Frankie's same fck'm attitude.

My Atsra's insured through them and I'm hit with so many excesses it's not funny!!! $400 standard, $450 age, $400 rims, more for the kit and so on and so on. Plus the worst part is I havent even been 100% honest!!! Imagine if I had!!! I haven't made a claim to date and I'm paying like $1,500, what's dat shit???

What else does everyone pay??? Just curious to see if I'm being ripped.
    daastra

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Melbourne. Stabbed in the back, but not dead.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    $1500 and i'm 25! but i live in Sunshine 2nd worst suburb for car theft.
    Victorian Events Co-Ordinator... or anti-social behavioral disorder therapist
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose i am grateful that i live in a country town when $800 per year is too much (i really feel for you guys that have to pay $1400 + )

Keep the Opel spirit alive, dont give into the insurance companys. They just rort you guys.

Cheers

Percy

Thread Information