Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Audi RS3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Audi RS3

Click here to enlargeCaught testing close to the manufacturer's headquarters in Ingolstadt, Germany, with virtually no camouflage, the prototype follows recent Audi form by being disguised as a racer.

However, the distinctive single windscreen wiper, quick-release bonnet pins and adjustable front spoiler won't make it on to the production version. These racy additions are simply Audi's attempt to give spy photographers the slip.

As our exclusive picture shows, the much anticipated newcomer will feature a wider track than the standard A3 and has enlarged wheelarches to accommodate the beefier alloys.

The car is being developed by Audi's Sport division - the team responsible for the barnstorming S4 and RS4 - and is scheduled to make its debut in show-rooms late next year.

But while the car's existence is not in doubt, secrecy surrounds the RS3's engine. One option is an uprated version of the Golf R32's V6, which could easily be tuned to give 350bhp. The other alternative Audi has is to modify the 420bhp V8 found in the new RS4. This first glimpse of the RS3 comes just weeks after the maker confirmed that its less powerful stablemate, the S3, will appear before the end of the year.

It will feature a 240bhp version of the firm's 2.0-litre T-FSI turbo engine, and be fitted with quattro four-wheel-drive transmission. Prices for the S3 are set to be around the £30,000 mark; the RS3 will have a £38,000 price tag.
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    The last time I went out in public, the fashion police had to call the fashion S.W.A.T. team for backup
    Click here to enlarge
    Vorsprung durch Technik

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks horn!
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder what engine they will go with? 5 cylinder twin turbo would be awsome.
    The last time I went out in public, the fashion police had to call the fashion S.W.A.T. team for backup
    Click here to enlarge
    Vorsprung durch Technik

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where do i sign.

SSS_Hoon
    Click here to enlarge
    ......all that work and still not enough killer wasps, So i'm in the hunt for more.....

Life Is A Bitch, Death Is A ****, That Comes For Everyone, When It Comes For You, Your Completely ****ed

"Soon to be adding to the family with a itty bitty bubby"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id buy it so easily, yummy! Click here to enlarge it looks hot!
    Audi B6 2004 A4 1.8T S-Line Black. Its Bloody well tuned by AuzVectra.
    *Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    According to Audi early next year
    Click here to enlarge
    Vorsprung durch Technik

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how old is this news/report?

the S3 they mentioned to be released, has already been out for well over 1 year.

any update on the RS3?

like Merc's AMG, Audi make too many RS models.

the only RS models audi should make is the RS4, RS5, and R8. I don't think even the TT and A6 deserve the RS badge.

BMW only make the M3 and M5.

the RS8 and Merc S63, while no doubt fast, aren't sport cars, they are big luxury cars with big engines.

don't even get me started on the M63.

too many RS models dilute the brand...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JohnBu Click here to enlarge
    how old is this news/report?

the S3 they mentioned to be released, has already been out for well over 1 year.

any update on the RS3?

like Merc's AMG, Audi make too many RS models.

the only RS models audi should make is the RS4, RS5, and R8. I don't think even the TT and A6 deserve the RS badge.

BMW only make the M3 and M5.

the RS8 and Merc S63, while no doubt fast, aren't sport cars, they are big luxury cars with big engines.

don't even get me started on the M63.

too many RS models dilute the brand...
    report is dated mid 2006 however i have spoken to audi dealer and he is saying early next year
    Click here to enlarge
    Vorsprung durch Technik

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't believe a RS3 is on the cards for this iteration of the A3 at all.

That report is dated early 2006 and there is no further news of it since then.

It's unlikely that Audi would release a version of the A3 that beats the upspec Audi TTS (which only uses a tuned version of the 2L TSFI engine).

Never believe a dealer... they will string you along in the hope of scoring a sale Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    Never believe a dealer... they will string you along in the hope of scoring a sale Click here to enlarge
    dealers? no, never! Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Thread Information