Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ring autovaux and ask em Click here to enlarge.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I gave Holden a call and priced the Steering Angle Sensor at $430. I dont want to go and spend the money and change the sensor if it's not the actual problem. I'm thinking its not the sensor as I have mentioned in previous posts that the ESP and Traction Control if fully functional and operates correctly before the light in the dash comes on. What should I do? Should I go ahead and replace the sensor and hope this fixes my problem? I need some advice.

Cheers.

OpelAus Forum Regular rhysc1986's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look for someone in uk who has item. things are so much cheaper in uk and if it turns out to be wrong thing u will be less pissed off having spent less. holden wanted $624 for coilpack i got it for $183 landed from uk.
    Fuel Pump $20 Map Sensor $20
    Fuel Rail with FPR $20
    Roof Aerial $20
    Exhaust Manifold Cover $20
    Both Dash Pockets $10

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ring autovaux in the UK, ask for Mark or Keiron Click here to enlarge
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    ive got a spare AFM if you want to try it out
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all who posted once again. I've got in contact with autovaux and they haven't heard of the sensor. I have given them a better explanation of where it is located etc... and hopefully they'll get back to me with an answer. Thanks for the offer on the AFM CNBLU but I doubt this is my problem as the slightest fault in the AFM will cause the engine to run like a pig. I wouldn't mind having a lend of your steering angle sensor lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem fixed! I realized while driving the other day that my actual steering wheel was slightly off center, so I took it back to where I got my wheel alignment done and was a 5min fix. The actual problem was not the steering angle sensor under the dash on the steering shaft but was another sensor (possibly called the 'steering senor' as that is what came up on the OBD II scan tool) that is embedded in the steering rack. The steering rack had to be re-centered which centered my steering wheel and enabled the sensor to start communicating correctly again. Although the problem is fixed the fault code will still be stored in the ECU, should I get it cleared or will it eventually erase itself? Does it matter if it just sits stored in the system?

Thanks to everyone who posted up their opinions especially auzvectra and CNBLU who constantly gave feedback.

Cheers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the code will stay in the history, you could disconnect the battery overnite to clear it if you want.
    it wont cause any issues if you dont get it cleared.
    glad to help Click here to enlarge.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CNBLU Click here to enlarge
    plenty of guys in the uk have this problem and they relate it back to the AFM. Sometimes they get both abs and tc lights on at the same time.

I had this same problem as you only just after i had a wheel alignment done, but i narrowed it down to the steering wheel not being aligned straight. Took it back and made them check the sensors where plugged in and the light went away.
    Click here to enlarge glad you got it fixed buddy
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Thread Information