Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New here, thinking about buying a XC Sri

Hi All,
    My fiance suggested this weekend it's time for her to get a new car, currently has a '97 Mirage. She looked around and has settled on an XC Sri Barina.

What sort of things should I be looking at when purchasing? Aside from usual things like general condition, log books etc.

Thanks
    Paul
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What year are you looking at because all the years have differences with bit and bobs added or removed

But deff check the gear stick movement. If it is hard or requires a bit more effort to get into 1 and 2 then the gear linkage is on the way out. Only $100 to fix but until it is the car is rather useless driving around only using 3 4 5 for a week

04 & 05 are the face lift models with the nicer bumper
    01 is povie spec manual windows and mirrors

also there is a timing belt change at 60k ensure this shows on the books
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off, welcome to the site Click here to enlarge

Depending on the km's. If its near 60,000 and hasn't had the major service done get ready for another ~$750 for the service, if its just had the service, make sure that the timing belt etc. were actually changed as if it snaps you can pretty much say goodbye to $2000+.

Also take it for a drive and feel what the gearchanges are like. If they are a bit difficult the linkages may be on the way out (although the gearbox can be a bit notchy even when in good condition).

Aside from that its just general condition etc. In my opinion they are a brilliant car, I havent really had any problems with mine so far other than little minor things. I still love driving it as much as they day I bought it.
    _
    _ mods _ opelised _ 17" advanti medusa's _ slotted front and rear rotors _ whiteline rear sway bar _ k&n panel filter _ ice install _
    _ facelift headlights _ window tint _ de-rubstripped _ smoked indicators and rear fogs _ stubby aerial _

Click here to enlarge

_ click here for the barina car club of australia _

OpelAus Participant Storm Shadow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome to opelaus again.

Glad you guys chose to go for the Corsa C SRI, you wont be disappointed.

Much like everyone else has said, Make sure gear changes are smooth and easy to get into place. The power steering in these is electric, so make sure that it doesn't feel really heavy or jerky when turning in one particular direction, this can mean a failing power steering assembly.

Other then that, just the usual make sure it has a good service history. I love mine and have since the day I bought it. All cars have their faults but all in all I cant complain one bit.
    Click here to enlarge
    Current rides
    2008 - Ford Focus ST
    2007 - Ford Fiesta ST

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the updates are about early to mid 02 model, elec windows, 04.5 they changed the diagnostics to canbus, put projector headlights in, added some 16" rims (they were added earlier in 03) a more aggresive body kit.
    in mu opinion the 04.5 looks best, but the 03 is the best option for me as i can tune the 03 model and early 04, but cant tune the ecu because of the canbus. the 04.5 also has a mp3 player aswell.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not all 04.5's have mp3 players - only the ones with the big chunky head units
    Click here to enlarge

[ OOD33 ] <3's [ 57U-OO ]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id definitely say stay away from '01 if you can, the lack of power windows and mirrors is a pain in the ass.

I prefer the bodykit on the earlier pre-facelift models, but that is personal taste. The only downside is the front bar is lower so you have to be more careful with driveways (its never bothered me but some people might find it annoying).
    _
    _ mods _ opelised _ 17" advanti medusa's _ slotted front and rear rotors _ whiteline rear sway bar _ k&n panel filter _ ice install _
    _ facelift headlights _ window tint _ de-rubstripped _ smoked indicators and rear fogs _ stubby aerial _

Click here to enlarge

_ click here for the barina car club of australia _

OpelAus Participant Storm Shadow's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by immenotu Click here to enlarge
    Id definitely say stay away from '01 if you can, the lack of power windows and mirrors is a pain in the ass.

I prefer the bodykit on the earlier pre-facelift models, but that is personal taste. The only downside is the front bar is lower so you have to be more careful with driveways (its never bothered me but some people might find it annoying).
    I'm with you buddy, I prefer the pre-faclift bodykit, I prefer the tough chunky Euro look and the lower spoiler, think the face lifts look a little soft lol!!!
    Again personal taste.
    Click here to enlarge
    Current rides
    2008 - Ford Focus ST
    2007 - Ford Fiesta ST

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In addition the early ones had Active head restraints. This feature seemingly disappeared around 03ish? With the update in 04 (projector headlights etc), you also lost Traction Control, but gained Brake Assist.

I had the update 04 Barina SRi and loved it. Main gripe was moaning/groaning brakes when in reverse, but that was about it. Nothing else. Ok power and ok handling Click here to enlarge
    2006 Subaru WRX

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hhhmm, have always been border line on the front bars, i know the stock facelift looks beta, but lookin at ur sig pic stormshadow, that lower lip looks pretty sweet, didnt think they were that big of a splitter.

i correct myslelf to the prefacelift looking tougher Click here to enlarge.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Thread Information