Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mizled_SRi-T Click here to enlarge
    Main gripe was moaning/groaning brakes when in reverse, but that was about it.
    Ive got that too now, only the rear brakes tho Click here to enlarge

On the traction control point, for wet weather driving the traction control is a huge bonus, its really easy to spin the wheels by accident. I often have the traction kick in off the line by accident in the wet, very handy to stop wheelspin.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by auzvectra Click here to enlarge
    i correct myslelf to the prefacelift looking tougher Click here to enlarge.
    +1 Click here to enlarge
    _
    _ mods _ opelised _ 17" advanti medusa's _ slotted front and rear rotors _ whiteline rear sway bar _ k&n panel filter _ ice install _
    _ facelift headlights _ window tint _ de-rubstripped _ smoked indicators and rear fogs _ stubby aerial _

Click here to enlarge

_ click here for the barina car club of australia _

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome and good luck with the puchase
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    welcome to opelaus Click here to enlarge

with the 1.8s, apart from the normal checks listen for any misfiring eg. lumpy idle. if there is stay away! try to find one where the engine revs smoothly and pulls hard under load especially at low RPM. watch for a hesitation in the power delivery when getting back on the throttle after a gear change, and try to find one that doesn't do it.

other thing to watch for as mentioned is the gear change from 1 to 2, listen for crunching which could be a sign the box is on its way out

find a good example and your fiance will be very happy, they are a dream to drive. good luck!

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,
    Thanks for all the feedback. We have some interest in her Mirage, so hopefully will be sold soon and we can start the hunt for an XC SRi.

Thanks again
    Paul

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wlecome to Opelaus.... enjoy your time here, and good luck with the purchase and sale Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As posted in another thread, I drove home a 2005 Red SRi yesterday.

It's obviously the facelift version, it appears not to have the traction control, which is a shame.

All in all though it's great, it's in perfect condition and I really enjoy driving it. I've owned cars from 220rwkw 200SX's, to turbo'd MX5's and supercharged Cooper S's... and this thing can still put a big grin on my face!

What are some of the other differences between the pre-facelift models and mine?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey mate, congrats on the new car! Mine puts a grin on my face too.

The obvious differences between the two are the bodykit and the headlights.

Facelift loses traction control but gains brake assist. I think the facelift also loses active head restraint on the front seats, but not 100% sure on that one. The facelift also has the MP3 headunit.
    _
    _ mods _ opelised _ 17" advanti medusa's _ slotted front and rear rotors _ whiteline rear sway bar _ k&n panel filter _ ice install _
    _ facelift headlights _ window tint _ de-rubstripped _ smoked indicators and rear fogs _ stubby aerial _

Click here to enlarge

_ click here for the barina car club of australia _

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by immenotu Click here to enlarge
    I think the facelift also loses active head restraint on the front seats, but not 100% sure on that one.
    Was also gone on the '03 models that came with the facelift 16" alloys
    Click here to enlarge
    "At the moment you have the answer to fuel consumption by looking at diesel, but governments then charge extra taxes on it so they make that option really unavailable to the public because they chose to put a levy on the fuel." - Tom Walkinshaw (HSV)

Thread Information