Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hey im new

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jaysastra04 Click here to enlarge
    tell me more! tell me more!
    just did a search

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthr...control+switch

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthr...control+switch

there are heaps more too. just search Click here to enlarge
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahah far out man ahh well aslong as i get some smoke then its all good. Ah yeah another thing, if you were to say replace the stock CD player, it has an alarm right? How do u do it?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no alarm as such. its coded so that if its removed and reconnected it wont work without the code put into it first
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ohh ok... i see in ur name thing u have a 2.2 ltr hows it go on fuel?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lightspeed Click here to enlarge
    ahah far out man ahh well aslong as i get some smoke then its all good. Ah yeah another thing, if you were to say replace the stock CD player, it has an alarm right? How do u do it?
    no alarm, but i will tell you this.
    the astras stereo has a function where as you increase speed the stereo increases volume by itself,(to compensate for increased road noise etc) i cant remember exactly what the speeds are but i think its something like 40km, 60km and 80km, i know there are actually 5 or 6 different speeds it changes at. it also turns itself down in the same way.
    when you hook up a new stereo your new stereo wont do the same thing, it just stays at the level you have it at.
    you also lose the display of vol, bass, treb, track on the little screen at the top of your console, but trust me its all worth it.
    also get a aerial plug adaptor, the astras stock plug is covered by a plastic clip and is a bitch to fit into aftermarket stereos.
    try this plug or something similar,
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA:IT&ih=018
    as for smoke off your tyres, it all depends on your tyres, some tyres will smoke straight away, some wont.
    also you may find removing your astras stock stereo a bitch too, you will need special tools to remove it, follow my "how to" on how to make your own tools and you will find it much easier!
    http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15259
    i am still yet to finish it off with how to actually remove the stereo, but the how to make the tools is finished.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this forum has been such a great help.. thanks heaps!!

but yeah the reason why i wanted an aftermarket CD player was so i could put an Amp in coz stock CD players dont have RCA outs.

So what exaclty will the little screen show once the stock CD player is gone. Will it just have the time?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    if you install the unit with the power line still connect to the dash it will just be blank, if you dont connect the wire it will say the date (as if the headunit was off).
    although clint was working on a digital tacho add on for it.

oh and you can just get a high to lowpass converter for it, about $50, cheaper then a unit, n u keep the steering controls then, if you have them.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lightspeed Click here to enlarge
    this forum has been such a great help.. thanks heaps!!

but yeah the reason why i wanted an aftermarket CD player was so i could put an Amp in coz stock CD players dont have RCA outs.

So what exaclty will the little screen show once the stock CD player is gone. Will it just have the time?
    mine still shows up the time and temperature, and when you turn your stereo off it shows the date.
    you can just wire the stock wires up to the amp off the stock stereo if you like, it will be a headache though.
    and trust me, you want to change the stereo anyway, most aftermarket stereos will give much better sound quality than the stock head unit could ever give.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    keeping in mind the aftermarket blaupunkts are great as you can get models that can have a patch added to keep the display and controls.
    '04 Sri-T Z23LET - latest stages underway - Slowly - Even slower - $5K over budget :-/
    **Qld** Astra TS Turbo Tuner.

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JVC, Alpine and Kenwood have adapters to keep the display and steering controls. not cheap and only on certain models.
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Thread Information