Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    The fusion orange colour is not orange as such - it's the same colour that was featured on the last CV8Z Monaros and VZ onwards HSV's - it's just a little lighter/more golden than tiger mica Click here to enlarge
    ah right. when i hear orange i think XR5 orange Click here to enlarge

personally never really been a fan of the holden orangey colour on any of their range
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dissagree...

That 'panoramic' silver on this W427 looks crap IMHO (I've seen it in the flesh) and it looks like a total miss-match for that bright 'bordello' red interior it's got too !

And it's NOT the same colour as on the VL Walk's either !!! it's a lighter shade of blue-ish silver, don't know why they claim it to be the same, when it looks distinctly different, this has been noted by other people too, including owners of the VL in question...

I've seen the W427 now in 3 other colours - the red on these pages, white and fusion orange and it looks far better in either of those colours than the panorama silver IMHO.

In the end, it is all subjective and beauty is in the eye of the beholder Click here to enlarge
    i can understand your point of view, but personally, if i was going to spend $150k on a special run HSV, id want it to look the part. for those not in the know, its just another HSV. hence my suggestion of making them a "one off" colour, (just like the VL walkinshaw was exclusively Panorama silver).

i didnt see the silver W427 comapred to the VL Walkinshaw, so i cannot comment on the difference nor can i comment on the red interior with the silver (makes me sick just thinking about it)... maybe its just me wanting to keep this traditional colour exclusive.
    ex. ~2.5L V6 Vectra~
    ex. ~matte black '07 Honda VTR 250~
    current ~phantom black '11 Triumph Street Triple R~

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by btm Click here to enlarge
    ah right. when i hear orange i think XR5 orange Click here to enlarge

personally never really been a fan of the holden orangey colour on any of their range
    Looks good on the CV8Z's Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Greg K Click here to enlarge
    i can understand your point of view, but personally, if i was going to spend $150k on a special run HSV, id want it to look the part. for those not in the know, its just another HSV. hence my suggestion of making them a "one off" colour, (just like the VL walkinshaw was exclusively Panorama silver).

i didnt see the silver W427 comapred to the VL Walkinshaw, so i cannot comment on the difference nor can i comment on the red interior with the silver (makes me sick just thinking about it)... maybe its just me wanting to keep this traditional colour exclusive.
    That's fair enough Greg and I too can totally relate to the exclusivity aspect, that point ranks very high on my list and I'm sure on most car enthusiasts lists too Click here to enlarge

However it would be a crying shame if it was released in a one-of colour that you didn't like...speaking of which I did hear many such comments about it when it was on display at the Melb. motor show earlier this year, maybe HSV took this into cosideration and decided to offer more of a colour range ??
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Greg K Click here to enlarge

Funny you mention that, the concept W427 was actually sprayed that same Panorama silver and most people disliked it as mentioned earlier, i'm also glad it's available in different colours!!!

If you're gonna bring up exclusive cars only being one colour, look at the most expensive aussie muscle car going round, the XY Falcon Phase III GTHO, that was available from memory in 16 different colours, some of those colours only being used once making them more exclusive!!!

Personally i love the red car, looks much more aggressive, friend saw a white one at HSV yesterday and says that looks fantastic too!!!
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CNBLU Click here to enlarge
    pffft.... for 150k i'd take the m3 anyday of the week
    But if u must have an LS7, but not the price tag of the HSV W427, just buy an ordinary HSV - like a maloo R8 or the GTS and chuck in a LS7 crate motor for $30K, along with brakes and suspension upgrades and save yourself $40-$50K!!

u will be the only one on the east coast of Australia with an LS7 maloo R8. Click here to enlarge
    WAS: 03' Holden Astra SriT - 172.7kw/ATW 03-08:

MY10 Subaru Forester XTP 09-12 - SOLD

OpelAus Forum Addict Red AH SRI T's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe you can order it in any of the current available HSV colours...

The fusion orange colour is not orange as such - it's the same colour that was featured on the last CV8Z Monaros and VZ onwards HSV's - it's just a little lighter/more golden than tiger mica Click here to enlarge
    Fusion was discontinued over a year ago. And it won't be offered in the W427, so i don't think u could have seen one in that colour, maybe some trick photography/lighting.

Oh and in regards to Panorama Silver, HSV always said it was a different colour to what was on the VL, the colour was simply meant to pay tribute. They also mentioned it was not going into production with that colour.

I love the look of the red and the white looks nice and clean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aza28 Click here to enlarge
    But if u must have an LS7, but not the price tag of the HSV W427, just buy an ordinary HSV - like a maloo R8 or the GTS and chuck in a LS7 crate motor for $30K, along with brakes and suspension upgrades and save yourself $40-$50K!!

u will be the only one on the east coast of Australia with an LS7 maloo R8. Click here to enlarge
    thats true, but if i was going to go modified car for $30k i'd rather drop that LS7 into an Astra shell with a RWD conversion Click here to enlarge

i think what you get for your extra $40k-$50k is ADR compliance, good resale value and a collectable item

btw i just took a look at the W427 section of the HSV website with their stupid moon animation or whatever its supposed to be. i had no idea the LS7 was dry sumped?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Red AH SRI T Click here to enlarge
    Fusion was discontinued over a year ago. And it won't be offered in the W427, so i don't think u could have seen one in that colour, maybe some trick photography/lighting.

Oh and in regards to Panorama Silver, HSV always said it was a different colour to what was on the VL, the colour was simply meant to pay tribute. They also mentioned it was not going into production with that colour.

I love the look of the red and the white looks nice and clean.
    Thanks for the heads up - fusion being discontinued is news to me ??

Earlier this year at the Melb. motor show on the HSV stand were a fusion VE R8 and or GTS, that's only 4 or 5 months ago ?? existing production still floating around maybe ??

Wish I could remember where I saw the W427 in that colour, will post it up if I do...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The car to be known in its final development stages as the W427 is finished in the same Panorama Silver paint scheme as the original Group A SS VL Commodore, released at the Melbourne Motor Show of 1988, exactly 20 years ago."
    Source: Holden Special Vehicles

Appears they state it was the same colour...
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Thread Information