Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holden Commodore HSV W427 LS7

Don't know if this has been posted yet but if not here it is....

To celebrate its 20th anniversary, HSV, Holden’s in-house tuning arm, rolled out a concept version of its latest E-series model powered by the Corvette ZO6’s LS7 V8 powerplant at the Melbourne Motor Show in February. Dubbed the ‘HSV W427,’ the four-door muscle sedan is now headed to production, packed with a 7.0L V8 engine providing a very healthy 505hp (375kW) and 472lb-ft (640Nm) of torque.

The production car is only minimally revised from the concept, and will be limited to a run of up to 427 cars, priced at $150,000 Aussie dollars, or about $142,000 USD, before taxes and fees. The car is expected to complete the 0-100km/h sprint in around 4.7 seconds and will feature very similar styling to the aggressive concept car.

The W427 is designed to take on European’s finest, such as the BMW M5, Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG and upcoming Audi RS6, and as such the current range-topping 400hp HSV sedan needed a serious performance boost. Engineers turned to Holden’s parent company GM to procure the new engine, but the mighty mill is hand-assembled specifically for the Australian sedan. It features an advanced dry-sump lubrication system and a unique two-mode exhaust system designed to enhance the V8 burble.

Other unique features include a carbon fibre rear spoiler, six-piston brakes, 20in wheels, a custom induction system and an uprated limited-slip differential, clutch and Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual gearbox.

Of the 427 cars to be built, each of Australia and New Zealand’s 64 HSV dealers will be guaranteed at least one, provided a solid retail order is placed. The rest will be allocated according to 2007 sales figures. The first vehicles to roll off the production line will be available for purchase in August.

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah its on here somewhere i believe. here is a test drive video. sounds fantastic!

http://media.drive.com.au/?rid=39832
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have said, yes re-post, but not to worry, you've put up some nicer pics of it Click here to enlarge

Saw it in action with Skaife at the wheel on the late news last night, sounds orgasmic Click here to enlarge to be expected with that beaut 7.0ltr LS7 V8...

Now to just sit and wait for that engine to become mainstream across the HSV range and hopefully a new coupe with it :drool:
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cant wait to see the coupe with it... hate to think of the price though!

A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by btm Click here to enlarge
    cant wait to see the coupe with it... hate to think of the price though!
    True, but 1st we'll have to wait and see if there will actually ever be one...latest I've been told (by certain inside peeps) is that it looks slim, because of the Camaro introduction in 2010, but if the Comaro's a failure GMH will definitely do it - either way, it's a long way away yet Click here to enlarge

The other reason why GMH is holding off, is because it plans to introduce a new 'mid sized' platform with a coupe variant in that range - this is the possibility of a Torana re-birth wooohooo Click here to enlarge only downside is, I've been told to expect it to not have a V8 variant Click here to enlarge but it will definitely get the new upcoming TT V6 Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any news on the potential power output of the TTV6? it wouldn't be too far behind the V8 would it?

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    any news on the potential power output of the TTV6? it wouldn't be too far behind the V8 would it?
    Again from speculation, I expect the 'base' output to be around 280kw/500nm.

The new direct injection GMH 3.6 V6 will produce 230kw in N/A form, so the above numbers are a walk in the park and they are almost identicle to what the Concept TT36 Torana car had Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    almost identicle to what the Concept TT36 Torana car had Click here to enlarge
    that thing was a beast and looked fantastic... even in pink!!! Click here to enlarge

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    pffft.... for 150k i'd take the m3 anyday of the week
    Audi A3 8P 2.0TFSI QUATTRO | SAT NAV | RS6 19'S | PREMIUM TINT| APR CARBONIO STAGE 2 INTAKE | SPM 3" SS DOWNPIPE W/ 200 CELL CAT
    TUNED BY APR
    APR STAGE II.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that thing was a beast and looked fantastic... even in pink!!! Click here to enlarge
    Agree, I think I mentioned it on here a long time ago that I actually approached GMH about the 'possibility' of acquiring it - answer was NO not even for any amount of money Click here to enlarge

But my persistance did land me with the opportunity to 'snap up' a set of spare wheels that were custom made one offs for this concept (don't know if you remember those 20" wheels fitted to the car - very nice) prob was, there were only 2 spares, not a full set of 4 Click here to enlarge WTF am I supposed to do with only 2 LOL....
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information