Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to opelaus. Gezzz it looks nice!
    Click here to enlarge
    Ex Opel Owner: 2006 Opel Tigra Twin Top

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the welcome guys! Geez people here are friendly haha Click here to enlarge.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lithium Click here to enlarge
    welcome to OpelAus Click here to enlarge your SRi is an absolute stunner in white!

do the astra H SRis go well? i know the old ones were fairly pokey
    I haven't driven the SRI-T so I can't compare to that but I do have a 5 door CDX (mk1) and all i can say is my new SRI > CDX.

The 2.2 has a lot of low down torque so for day to day driving it's very comfortable. Theres not much more surge near the higher end of the rev band tho (i think torque peaks @ 4200rpm I can't remember) so the excitement you got from between 2500-4000 runs away like a little school girl from a dirty old man. I don't think this engine was made as a PERFORMANCE engine, rather an all rounder for those who can't bare the 1.8, like me :P.

When you want to have a bit of a "spirited drive", the steering and chassis for me is more responsive than the CDX (feels stiffer) but it seems to suffer from a bit of understeer. It's nothing fatal tho and very manageable so it's still quite quick and fun to corner.

From what I've heard the IDS from the SRI T stiffens the shock thats getting the most force to flatten the car out. I'm not sure but in theory that seems to me like it would cause MORE understeer.

I've been told by my mate who had a barina (corsa?) SRI that my car felt surprisingly simliar to drive. I don't think he drove long enough to get a full impression though so yer.

Sorry haha I can't help but write a lot. I just finished a stint as a sales rep for telstra. PRODUCT INFORMATION AND REVIEWS IS MY LIFE NOW.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Down the track look at adding some Eibach springs and a rear sway bar.
    Big improvement for little outlay !

OpelAus Forum Regular tomburke7's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by kabel Click here to enlarge
    Down the track look at adding some Eibach springs and a rear sway bar.
    Big improvement for little outlay !
    I found that the springs improved the car aesthetically (I think Astra's looked silly perched up so far in the air - they almost look like a 4WD), but only improved the handling marginally. The biggest improvement came from dialing out understeer by adding the whileline shims to the rear suspension. And that was a low cost change.
    Click here to enlarge
    Astra AH 2.2 SRI coupe, Opelised, Tints, ICE, de-restrict airbox, veccy-c pipe, K&N filter, 2.25 inch sports CAT & 2.25/2.00 inch straight through exhaust system, lowered Pedders springs, Koni shocks, Whiteline: rear sway bar; caster bushes; front camber bolts; and rear camber/toe shims, RDA slotted rotors.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tomburke7 Click here to enlarge
    I found that the springs improved the car aesthetically (I think Astra's looked silly perched up so far in the air - they almost look like a 4WD), but only improved the handling marginally. The biggest improvement came from dialing out understeer by adding the whileline shims to the rear suspension. And that was a low cost change.
    Not sure how much different the spring rates are between Eibach`s and Pedders, I made my decision based on Eibach working with Vauxhall/VXR to match the springs with the IDS setup,although this may be applicable
    to the VXR not sure if the same logic applies to the Sri 2.2.

OpelAus Enthusiast KingOfAstras's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tomtom Click here to enlarge
    Nah i debadged it myself. I had asked the dealer about it. The sales guy said that the cars actually come with Opel badges (I. KNOW!). When i requested that they get left on, he said it was a contract they had with Holden that they had to remove and destroy the badges and then rebadge with a holden set. Click here to enlarge

If you're wondering how to debadge it it's really easy:

1. Leave your car in the sun for a bit so the glue warms up a little. The longer the better. I left it for 10 minutes and it was...ok.

2. Get some dental floss - do a few loops of this because 1 line isn't strong enought.

3. Just stick it between the badge and the surface and just "sawing" away at the glue until it finally peels off.

4. Clean and polish. They'll be some black gunk on the surface after. Just peel and peel and peel and it should come off easy. Little speck remains I just used some surface cleaner and it came right off.

Don't know if thats the BEST method but it worked for me Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I've got mine debadged for the time being... but damn they come opel badged.. and then they destroy it!?!?!?!?!?!? :'(.. bastards..
    New: '10 Ford Focus ST/XR5 Turbo
    '06 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    Old: 07.5 Opel Astra H Sporthatch... R.I.P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    should have said to them "why do the VXR's have their Opel badges left on?"
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by KingOfAstras Click here to enlarge
    Yeah I've got mine debadged for the time being... but damn they come opel badged.. and then they destroy it!?!?!?!?!?!? :'(.. bastards..
    that is a load of Bull, I have seen them on the docks in Freo no badges just the plastic on panels and the blue foam on the doors

those center caps are worth $50 each, they would not be putting them on just to rip them off
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by EL BURITO Click here to enlarge
    that is a load of Bull, I have seen them on the docks in Freo no badges just the plastic on panels and the blue foam on the doors

those center caps are worth $50 each, they would not be putting them on just to rip them off
    Not telling it as truth - thats just what I was told by the sales guy.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didnt know you could even order it in white! looks stunning!

congrats and welcome to the site Click here to enlarge
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Thread Information