Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2008 WHITE Astra SRI Coupe

Hey guys I've been looking around on this forum for a few months now and thought it was time for me to join!

Little background on my car:

It's a 2008 white astra sri coupe (non turbo) and bone stock. I ordered it back in early feb and waited till around mid june before i got it because apparently, they don't stock white sri's! Twas a loooong wait haha.

That's all i've got to share atm. I'm not really much of a tuner or a massive petrol head but I am hoping to eventually mod up my AH a little so I look forward to learning from the guys on the forum!

I've put some pictures up that I took for fun a little while ago - car was a little dirty both times haha.

Thanks guys Click here to enlarge

[edit] I'm bringing it into service on tuesday and will ask the guys there but just quickly - does any one know why @ exactly 20km/h + there is a clunking or "locking" sound from...somewhere? It is 10/10 consistent so i'm not sure if its a fault or not.[/edit]

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    white rocks in the astra/h and welcome
    "LAG IS JUST FOREPLAY"
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks like a nurburg Click here to enlarge

looks awesome, I LUB IT... heated seats aswell i see

and does this clunk happen when you only just take off after starting the car ?

if so it will only be the ABS kicking in, nothing to worry about

you should get a VXR front end and it will look sweet as
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular tomburke7's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tomtom Click here to enlarge
    I'm not really much of a tuner or a massive petrol head but I am hoping to eventually mod up my AH a little so I look forward to learning from the guys on the forum!
    Best mod is to get rid of the restrictive rear muffler. Just put in a 2 inch straight through. $100 fitted is what I paid. On steady cruise on the freeway I saw at least 1 L/100km improvement on the instantaneous consumption readout. With fuel costing so much this is very worthwhile mod. (the car gets a sporty note as well, but retaining the stock CAT & front muffler means it is not loud)
    Click here to enlarge
    Astra AH 2.2 SRI coupe, Opelised, Tints, ICE, de-restrict airbox, veccy-c pipe, K&N filter, 2.25 inch sports CAT & 2.25/2.00 inch straight through exhaust system, lowered Pedders springs, Koni shocks, Whiteline: rear sway bar; caster bushes; front camber bolts; and rear camber/toe shims, RDA slotted rotors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yer the clunk only happens when I've just started the car. It's a strange sound. When i first heard it i thought i'd rolled over something haha.

I was looking at a kit (vxr replica on carmate) but I'm considering having the silver on the grill and air dam painted black and the chrome sprayed white.

@tomburke did you replace your shocks after you switched to lower springs or just left them? If so, hows the ride? I only ask because I've been told that putting lower springs on shocks that weren't designed for that ride height can induce excess wear on them?
    Last edited by tomtom; 20th July 2008 at 05:37 PM.

OpelAus Forum Regular tomburke7's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tomtom Click here to enlarge

@tomburke did you replace your shocks after you switched to lower springs or just left them? If so, hows the ride? I only ask because I've been told that putting lower springs on shocks that weren't designed for that ride height can induce excess wear on them?
    I kept the stock shocks, as the SRI already came with 'sports' suspension. The lowered springs seem to work well with the stock shocks, but I guess if I get premature ware I'll put a set of Koni's of Bilstein's in.

The ride/handling with my current set up is great.
    Click here to enlarge
    Astra AH 2.2 SRI coupe, Opelised, Tints, ICE, de-restrict airbox, veccy-c pipe, K&N filter, 2.25 inch sports CAT & 2.25/2.00 inch straight through exhaust system, lowered Pedders springs, Koni shocks, Whiteline: rear sway bar; caster bushes; front camber bolts; and rear camber/toe shims, RDA slotted rotors.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice in white

i like
    Glider aka Toby, 94 Calibra Turbo
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice mate.

ask OPC if he is nice enough to give you his VIN and go order the real VXR front bar. with Fogs given the cost of the TS Sri bar with fogs will prob come in @ just over 1K.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is beauty~

i saw a white SRI the other day in melb...n i juz love it!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks mate Click here to enlarge

It's good to hear that people like it in white. I was actually very skeptical after i signed off on it for those few months I was waiting. When i finally saw it though...I knew i was in love hahaha.

I'll hopefully be taking some new pics soon during the week after I wash it - that is, IF i wash it :P. Going to try and find some nice locations so i'll post them up if theres anything neat looking.

Thread Information