Anonymous

New website layout?

The style of the title page and the internal pages don't match.

In fact, for the visitor, the forums, etc are a bit of a let down after seeing the spectacular front page.

Maybe use the same colour, and that crazy shadow font on the sides here and there, and this site could possibly be better than most big name car sites on the net (internationally)!!

The mechanics are awesome, just the colour and fonts don't glue.

If I knew how to make a web page, I'd definately be up to giving this place a redevelopment without loosing touch of the fantastic operational side of opelaus. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love to be able to reformat the forum. Unfortunately it is a job that is currently beyond me.

This style of forum is written in PHP and uses an SQL database. There is a truckload of code that runs OpelAus..!!! Colour schemes and layouts are controlled by code on many pages. Writing new code is not something I can do at this point.

We can't use templates due to all the mods that have been included in our forum. New templates would break a lot of code.

If someone can do this, then great. I'm sorry, this is a job that is way out of my knowledge base. I am not avoiding, I just don't have enough knowledge.

OpelAus Alumni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wayne, isn't it just using CSS for the skin?

A lot of that stuff should surely be plug and play, regardless of how hacked it is.

OpelAus Forum Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the lay out and colours , the forum has to be simple like and not too fansy as to make it easy to navigate around each section!!

Guys we have to remember that we use this forum for FREE !!! And thats thanks to the admins .......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im with Steve on this. I very much like the style of the forum.
    And i know we could make it dark and flashy like the front page.. but then it makes it harder to surf it at work. because as it is, this site looks 'educational' and formal and the boss doesnt really take much notice of it.

And Rhino is right, phpBB does have CSS styles that are supposed to be very easily interchangable.

example. go here and selected different styles from the dropdown menu on top.:

http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo.php

But im guessing you guys have manually customised the code yourself? hence making it harder to change the CSS?

OpelAus Post Whore
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the 1337 crowd should be in on this- I ain't one of them.
    :::
    ::
    :
    Click here to enlarge

"I'm designing an auditorium for a 12 cylinder orchestra..."
    -Luc Donckerwolke on the Murciélago

Thread Information