0 Thread(s)
    why smelly?

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok i understand.....

some peoples avatar takes up 1/4 of the screen.....

hmmmmm, maybe time to get rid of the fat dancing chick.....although it is pretty funny Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No em, it's like each view of a post is >500kb... think of the 56k'ers just waiting for everything to download.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont think the file size is as much of an issue as the picture size...

i think em's is as wide as they should go, because some of them, the person makes one post and then the name/avatar section of the screen will be half the screen when it should only be about 1/4 of the screen width...

and then you have to scroll right and left to read the message and then to see who wrote it
    ===============================
    Click here to enlarge

CALIBRA...
    Its not just a car,
    Its a way of life...

Troy
    1996 North Cape Calibra - C25XE (2.5L V6)

===============================

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is when u clock up 700kb per page of text, it'll be a problem for 56k'ers that I sometimes use when I am not home... Picture size I dun have a prob with coz I run 1280x960 screen size.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry smelly, but we will allow people to have their pics here.

we WILL NOT start dictating to people about having images less than a certain filesize. WE WILL remove avatars from people who a just WAYYY too big. i think Ems is fine, probably not wider than that.

If your looking at your download limit and see that its being close to being reached, then i'd suggest upgrading ur account or going broadband.

We dont just change the rules of the forum to satisfy 1 person. If we had majory behind your opion, then thats a different matter.

And the same goes for content of avatars. IF YOUR offended by 1 persons avatar (which i and other believe what has been on here is perfectly fine) then i'd suggest u turn of images.

We will however take action to any explicit avatars/images that appear on this site.

Let moderators and administrators do their role.
    Do people forget that they are adults?

Anonymous
    I think he wasn't talking about himself, but the 56k visitors.

Being up until recently, a 56ker ( who was only d/l at 28.8k thanks telstra :evil: )
    I can understand what smelly is trying to say..... think about the non cable visitors here... there are couple of huge avatars (file sizes not physical measurements) i think they were about 300+kb each....

think about it, opening a post and getting everybodys avatar loaded plus the text can easily be a 1mb click.

it's not the download limits or anything, its just the time taken to d/l a thread.... it can be very frustrating....

me personally, i dont care, im on adsl Click here to enlarge ... but i'm more just thinking about the vistors, and those poor poor people on 56k :cry:

As for the explicit images..... Bring em on!!! :twisted: (altho i dont think the peoples at work will agree Click here to enlargeops: )

i'm not trying to tell you how to run the forum or anything like that.... but maybe review some of the file sizes of moving avatars (maybe even mine Click here to enlargeops: )

OT: who ever had the avatar with the chiq in the whit pants Can we have that one back? :twisted:

Anonymous
    dont you like the motorbike action better Click here to enlarge

Anonymous
    I can see your point with the whole 56K thing.

When i had dialup, i hated people that had huge avatars.
    The 80kb is fair for all. It wasn't letting me put GIF's larger than 80k, so i had to reduce the size of them till they fit.

I also think there should be a physical size limit of no more than 120x120. Anything bigger than this is a little big.

Anonymous
    Motorbike is boring now..... bring back the chicky babe Click here to enlarge

or atleast post a link to where we can find the rest of the video :twisted:

Thread Information