Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dealing with a dealer, is it hard/that bad?

Trying to find a CDXi in manual in a private sale is nigh on impossible, but a couple of dealers have few in stock.
    Are they that bad to deal with if ,lets say i have a look at the car and say that i want to pay in cash for a drive away price less then the asking price, would i be asking too much?
    And are there any other special things when dealing with a dealer i should know about?
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got my car from a dealer. They wanted $19k so I told the salesman I didnt want to spend over $15k. He came back out 5 mins later and said I could have it for $16k driveaway. So I saved $3k (15&#37Click here to enlarge in 5 mins.

Dont be afraid to push them hard to get a good price, but be nice about it, and dont make it too obvious that you really want the car. Kinda give them the impression that if their price isn't good enough, you'll happily go find another one.

If its been on the lot for a while you are more likely to get a good price too I would think.
    _
    _ mods _ opelised _ 17" advanti medusa's _ slotted front and rear rotors _ whiteline rear sway bar _ k&n panel filter _ ice install _
    _ facelift headlights _ window tint _ de-rubstripped _ smoked indicators and rear fogs _ stubby aerial _

Click here to enlarge

_ click here for the barina car club of australia _

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wat year car are u looking for a TS or a AH?
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

I'm new here, please be nice
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^^Vectra C

Well im not in the position yet that i NEED a car, so i can haggle and if they dont come my way ill just walk, just my current car is really getting long in tooth and i doubt it will last the next couple of months.
    Idiots deserve what is coming to them:wall:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    car dealers are scum.
    we bought a brand new barina for our mother late last year from mcgrath holden in liverpool.
    the car shows up with 36km on the clock. i said to the car dealer what the **** is this, this is a car thats been driver around before. and we went on and on and he kept saying its a brand new car. the car came from another dealer (heartland holden penrith) and it must have been one of those cars thats on the lot, that gets driven every now and then.
    we were pissed off, and in the end we got $150 free fuel.
    anyway we get the holden survey and i fill it out, saying how disapointed we were with the deal and i gave them low marks on the surver (not the lowest mark but close to it)
    anyway when it came to pick up the free fuel from the dealer (greg newby), he starts argueing with me saying his not going to give us free fuel because we gave them a bad result on the survey and its going to affect their monthly profit/bonus.
    eventually i threatend to take them to department of fair trading since i had this free fuel offer on paper work, and the manager finally agreed (rudely i must say)
    every other brand new car we bought had below 10km on the clock. man these dealers try to screw you every way they can
    Make me a sandwich.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look at the cars value on red book. Dont pay any more that that. They say about warranty but if the car is under 3 years old, the warranty is the new car warranty anyway.

Good thing to do is to call another dealer and ask the most they will pay for it, then you know what there markup is and what you should pay.

I have seen cars advertised for $36,000, there red book list price is $33,000 (what the car is worth) and if you tried to sell it to the dealer, they would give you no more that $29,000.

Remember, if you dont walk away from the dealer - you paid too much. If they dont ring you back within 2 weeks, you were offering too little.

My friend brought a car, he offered $34K instead of the $40K. They laughed at him saying they would loose money. A week later called him back and he got the car for $34!!! He got a very good deal!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a car dealer loosing money...haha i would like to see that.
    Make me a sandwich.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You worry about 36km on the clock for a car that has come half way around the world? SOme people bitch about the smallest things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rjastra Click here to enlarge
    You worry about 36km on the clock for a car that has come half way around the world? SOme people bitch about the smallest things
    Is this a joke? next time you buy a new car let me know because i'll take it for a 36km drive before its given to you? fair enough right! none of the cars my family have bought had anything over 5km on the odo..

My friend works at a car dealership (obviously i'm not going to say which one) and the owner of the place always takes peoples cars for a flogging before they are given to the person. He lends his used cars to family and goes above everyone when they tell him he shouldn't be doing it.. He also takes smelly shits in the mechanics toilet instead of his own private bathroom hahahaha :clap:
    EO XR5T - Dark Side...

Thread Information