Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Temp gauge??

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a simular problem in my astra, however im not to worried about it, before the waterpump and timeingbelt was changed, the temp would always sit at constant. But now especaly in winter , it sits well bellow normal, you stop it climbs back up to where it should be, you start moveing it sinks again. hehe. I think my thermostat is rooted. Its not quite jamed open yet, but its geting there.

Another funny thing, even before this, on these realy cold 2 degree nights, when you have the heater blasting you can watch the temp go down aswell haha.
    sigs are stupid Click here to enlarge

My car goes broom, all 91kw of it !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just a follow up, i replaced my thermostat with a new one yesterday and it was definitely the problem. you could hold the old one under a tap and the water would go straight through at room temperature!

the temp gauge is now rock solid at 90 and varies only by one or two degrees. 2 hour fix going quite slowly and $105 for a new one from Holden
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    as to whether a jammed open thermostat is actually a problem: with my car it misfires less now that it is always running at the correct operating temperature. i guess if you don't get any bad symptoms its ok to keep going with a bad thermostat?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lithium Click here to enlarge
    as to whether a jammed open thermostat is actually a problem: with my car it misfires less now that it is always running at the correct operating temperature. i guess if you don't get any bad symptoms its ok to keep going with a bad thermostat?

Cheers for that. i haven't had time to go to the radiator man, been busy with work. Sounds like i defently should squeeze it in thou.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can replace the thermostat yourself, its really easy
    let me know if you want a how-to Click here to enlarge

edit: just realised you have a 2.2 Vectra - it'd only be a how-to for the Z18XE. but they are all pretty similar Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can replace the thermostat yourself, its really easy
    let me know if you want a how-to Click here to enlarge
    oh ok i may as well give it ago myself then, yea a how-to would be handy saves me stuffng something up.

Cheers dude
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here is it, a pic of the thermostat will follow tonight when i get home:

http://www.opelaus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17434

with the 2.2s i think you guys can just replace the thermostat inside the housing instead of the whole housing. also you have a gasket between the housing and the engine block, so you might not need to mess around with the sealant if your gasket is in good condition or if you use a new one.

good luck Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just a follow up, i replaced my thermostat with a new one yesterday and it was definitely the problem. you could hold the old one under a tap and the water would go straight through at room temperature!

the temp gauge is now rock solid at 90 and varies only by one or two degrees. 2 hour fix going quite slowly and $105 for a new one from Holden
    Click here to enlarge
    Sounds good, lithium! My G does exactly the same thing: 79-82 degrees when cruising, and slowly creeping back up to 90 when idling at standstill. No such issue with my C, though (it stays between 90-93 degrees). Dead thermostat for sure, hey?
    2001 Star Silver Corsa C
    2003 Star Silver Astra G OPC - gone to a good home
    2004 White Grandis Luxury
    2005 Platinum 380 LX dual fuel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by J Click here to enlarge
    Sounds good, lithium! My G does exactly the same thing: 79-82 degrees when cruising, and slowly creeping back up to 90 when idling at standstill. No such issue with my C, though (it stays between 90-93 degrees). Dead thermostat for sure, hey?
    definitely sounds like it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by immenotu Click here to enlarge
    Ive never seen the temp guage fluctuate in my Corsa mate. Once it hits temperature it stays there so it might be worth you looking into. Click here to enlarge
    Looks like i spoke too soon Click here to enlarge . My temp guage now doesnt get above 80. This morning I did the trip to work (~25k's) and the guage only got above 70 (minimum reading) while I was stopped at lights, the rest of the time it pretty much didnt register.

I guess im gonna join the list of people needing a replacement. Group buy anyone Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
    _
    _ mods _ opelised _ 17" advanti medusa's _ slotted front and rear rotors _ whiteline rear sway bar _ k&n panel filter _ ice install _
    _ facelift headlights _ window tint _ de-rubstripped _ smoked indicators and rear fogs _ stubby aerial _

Click here to enlarge

_ click here for the barina car club of australia _

Thread Information