Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Temp gauge??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrissn89 Click here to enlarge
    I'll look into getting that done. Weird about the no temp gauge...
    yeh..a few new cars are coming out with no temp gauge...the nissan tiida also doesnt have one.

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can check some temperatures 'live' in the AH with the CD40 stereo from my understanding, as well as your real speed...

Press and hold down the Settings button for about 5 seconds until you hear a beep, then keep pressing BC and there's different menus

Don't know if this will help, but from memory it does show a temperature in one of the screens...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by chrissn89 Click here to enlarge
    I'll look into getting that done. Weird about the no temp gauge...
    let me know how it goes! might be time to replace the thermostat in mine too if the temperature fluctuation isn't normal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lithium Click here to enlarge
    let me know how it goes! might be time to replace the thermostat in mine too if the temperature fluctuation isn't normal
    Ive never seen the temp guage fluctuate in my Corsa mate. Once it hits temperature it stays there so it might be worth you looking into. Click here to enlarge
    _
    _ mods _ opelised _ 17" advanti medusa's _ slotted front and rear rotors _ whiteline rear sway bar _ k&n panel filter _ ice install _
    _ facelift headlights _ window tint _ de-rubstripped _ smoked indicators and rear fogs _ stubby aerial _

Click here to enlarge

_ click here for the barina car club of australia _

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by immenotu Click here to enlarge
    Ive never seen the temp guage fluctuate in my Corsa mate. Once it hits temperature it stays there so it might be worth you looking into. Click here to enlarge
    thanks for the advice mate, i'll do that Click here to enlarge i noticed a few days ago that the coolant starts running through the overflow tank immediately after the car starts, which i thought was a bit odd, but didn't think twice about it until now...

looks like next service will be new oil, new spark plugs, new ignition coil, new thermostat, liquid sealer and lots of swearing and broken tools to get the old one out! Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There quite possibly a fault with ur main thermo fan, and or secondary thermo fan, mine never moved other than being in central aust, and it was 45-50 outside so yer might check them, otherwise wat coolent are you running in it??
    Audi B6 2004 A4 1.8T S-Line Black. Its Bloody well tuned by AuzVectra.
    *Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car.
    *Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you. Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    yeh..a few new cars are coming out with no temp gauge...the nissan tiida also doesnt have one.
    Yea i guess you dont really need one, other than to keep an eye on things, but if the computer can do that good on it. I take it the message will be "pull over in less than 30seconds, cause your engine is boiling motherf#$ker and if you don't it'll seize" then you say f**k i cant im in peak hour trafic and no were to pull over, if only i saw the guage getting hotter and hotter a few mins ago. But then again 99% of people would never even look at there temp guage, let alone know what it means.

Ill let know when i find out.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by vectraguy01 Click here to enlarge
    There quite possibly a fault with ur main thermo fan, and or secondary thermo fan, mine never moved other than being in central aust, and it was 45-50 outside so yer might check them, otherwise wat coolent are you running in it??
    Yea could be, i hear them turn on and off. When the engine is hot and you turn the car off the fan still goes for a minute to cool it down.
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the advice mate, i'll do that Click here to enlarge i noticed a few days ago that the coolant starts running through the overflow tank immediately after the car starts, which i thought was a bit odd, but didn't think twice about it until now...

looks like next service will be new oil, new spark plugs, new ignition coil, new thermostat, liquid sealer and lots of swearing and broken tools to get the old one out! Click here to enlarge

that means you have air bubbles in your cooling system. There is probably also a slight leak somewhere...change all clamps and gaskets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    that means you have air bubbles in your cooling system. There is probably also a slight leak somewhere...change all clamps and gaskets.
    cheers, i'll go bleed my coolant a bit tomorrow morning. there is definitely a very slow leak from my engine but its so slow its pretty hard to find where its from! last guess is from the thermostat housing so thats the next sealant joint i'll renew

why would leaks and bubbles cause the coolant to start moving through the engine while its still cold?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cheers, i'll go bleed my coolant a bit tomorrow morning. there is definitely a very slow leak from my engine but its so slow its pretty hard to find where its from! last guess is from the thermostat housing so thats the next sealant joint i'll renew

why would leaks and bubbles cause the coolant to start moving through the engine while its still cold?
    Thermostat not closing properly...
    Air trapped will force coolant out of overflow tank.

Someone here could prob. explain the theory better...Im not a mechanic but I have experienced those things..Click here to enlarge

Thread Information