0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok one answer to sum it up: "anything out there that moves and is not Opel"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holden Rodeo Caged Trucks; Because gigantic teddies wont fit in the cage.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Ex Opel Owner: 2006 Opel Tigra Twin Top

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tigra Click here to enlarge
    Holden Rodeo Caged Trucks; Because gigantic teddies wont fit in the cage.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    bwuahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha
    where did you find that? LOL
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Calibrated Click here to enlarge
    bwuahhahahahahahahhahahahahahhaha
    where did you find that? LOL
    It's been getting around from place to place. Did a search on google years ago and found it, just kept it ever since. It's gold!
    Click here to enlarge
    Ex Opel Owner: 2006 Opel Tigra Twin Top

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lancia Delta HF Integrally, Nissan Skyline R33 GTR, Ford Falcon BA/F, Holden Commodore VE.

I could construct a huge list of disappointments due to media hype and I now refuse to drive some cars due to fair of ruining perceived greatness. Kind of like watching the Goonies or Robocop as an adult, it just wasn’t the same!

It’s great when the opposite happens though, I have driven a few that slipped under the radar and were majorly underrated.
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not living up to the hype IMHO the VXR....flame me if you will, but that was the case for me !

On the opposite side of the fence, exceeding everybodies expectations and delivering way over the hype, the new R35 GT-R Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Not living up to the hype IMHO the VXR....flame me if you will, but that was the case for me !

On the opposite side of the fence, exceeding everybodies expectations and delivering way over the hype, the new R35 GT-R Click here to enlarge
    Was the VXR really hyped though?

The GTR has tones of hype, it started in 05, every magazine has been harping on about it, I would hardly say it has been underestimated.

Have you driven one yet? From what I can imagine its going to be like a IT technician in the sense it just gets the job done without emotion or drama.
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TTEETT Click here to enlarge
    Was the VXR really hyped though?

The GTR has tones of hype, it started in 05, every magazine has been harping on about it, I would hardly say it has been underestimated.

Have you driven one yet? From what I can imagine its going to be like a IT technician in the sense it just gets the job done without emotion or drama.
    The VXR had plenty of hype if your around the Opel scene, like on this forum for eg. not so much from other World sources...I was expecting alot more from it, especially considering the 'initial' purchase price and then comparing that to other hot hatches around...that was my main gripe with it...now though the price has dropped (or rather you can get one for thousands less)to a more reasonable ask for what you actually get, just my opinion though.

Obviously never driven the GT-R yet, hopefully will by years end, as I'm going to Japan later this year, but yes, this car has recieved mega hype years ahead of its release and some of it has been negative not positive and still is, not everyone has been favourable and lots said it wouldn't deliver what Nissan claims it will !!! IMO most was from biased reviewers, they know better, but just can't accept it... Click here to enlarge

All you have to do is go to competitors car forums, eg: Porsche and Corvettes to see this, they Grossly Underestimated it, but as said it's lived up to or exceeded the hype and made believers out of non believers...lots of ex Corvette and 911 owners on those forums with their new pride n joy, the R35 Click here to enlarge

As for the what it drives like, we'll have to wait n see...too sterile ?? maybe for some, but I reckon most will like and embrace it, alot of newer supercars drive in a similar electronically controlled state, so it's a case of like it or lump it, as this is the way of the future and these features will eventually trickle down through to 'normal' cars too Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lithium Click here to enlarge
    for me it has to be the porsche boxster. a mate took me in a ride in his, and i was very very disappointed in the performance. i was expecting a lot more from the yellow striped badge...
    What model Boxster was it? 2.5, 2.7, S?? And did he give it a bit round corners? Because thats what its made for. Not for the traffic light grand prix Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    247 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ford focus i drove was a bit meh, felt so cheap.
    2013 Ford Focus ST
    Calibra - The only car that will institutionalise you and send you broke in the mean time

Click here to enlarge

Thread Information