OpelAus Forum Regular Black Nugget's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by poita Click here to enlarge
    second house Click here to enlarge
    makes more money that most cars
    as they say tho you can sleep in a car but you can't drive a house!

and im sure all the CUB's out there are rejoicing at the news of an expensive commodore.
    Black '02 SRi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    Totally agree with lithium above....especially the last line...

And yes an old Camry or Corolla would do me fine as the runnabout too Click here to enlarge

rjastra, you can buy one of those W427's right now - but you'd have to be very quick, they're only building a limited number and they may well already all be spoken for, as I've read HSV recieved over 1,000 enquiries, all of who had deposits ready to go, even when the pricing was rumoured to be 170k+ !
    They were claiming the same thing for the Monaro GTR ... Click here to enlarge

And yes, I'd rather buy an M3, RS4 or even a 2nd hand BMW M5/E55 AMG(the supercharged, older model)...And to service a $150k car at the same Holden dealership that does my Astra?? hahhahaha ... suuuuuuuure!
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in 30-40 years though this W427 in prime condition will be worth much more than the gtr though.
    Make me a sandwich.

OpelAus Forum Regular Charlatan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont think anyone here is in the target market they are aiming these cars at. I dare say there wouldnt be too many Astra drivers who's next car is going to cost $150k (no offence, neither am i).

When you consider Falcon Cobras were changing hands for $110k+ following their sellout, there are a lot of people who are willing to put money into these sort of cars. Good on HSV for building this car.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Diesel145 Click here to enlarge
    Buy a clubsport R8, give CSV $35,000, they'll import an ls7 for you, replace your exhaust system, improve your suspension system, improve your brakes and give you over 400kw...
    Seems a lot cheaper, and a lot smarter to me...Click here to enlarge
    Smarter in that:
    1) LS7 would not be a straight drop in, there would be a lot of messing about
    2) lack of manufacturer warranty
    3) you end up with a hacked up R8, not a limited edition model, hence your resale would always be fubar.
    welcome to riceworld

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSS_Hoon Click here to enlarge
    it not to bad.

but gimme R8(Audi) or the R-35 GTR anyday.
    I agree, but the R8 is ~$250K and apparently has a two year waiting list.
    I would still take an RS-4 though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xplosv57 Click here to enlarge
    From what i've heard from prospective buyers, the W427 starts off being a stock GTS minus bodykit and wheels, but still sporting the full driveline and interior!! It then goes to Walkinshaw down the road where they strip the GTS and put in the W427 parts, so essentially getting a rebuilt car!!!
    I haven't heard anything about how these are built, but this sounds very feasible, as The GTS's leave the factory as you described, with driveline and interior. This is probably the deal they have with Holden, and they can do whatever they like with it once they receive it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Diesel145 Click here to enlarge
    Buy a clubsport R8, give CSV $35,000, they'll import an ls7 for you, replace your exhaust system, improve your suspension system, improve your brakes and give you over 400kw...
    Seems a lot cheaper, and a lot smarter to me...Click here to enlarge
    In terms of bang for buck/value for money, this is a very good suggestion !!!

And you'd still have a full warranty...

BUT the problem with CSV vehicles is that they devalue/depreciate like there's no tomorrow, unfortunately...this has been their downfall since inception...

If you wanted to just get max. bang for buck/value for money, buy the cheapest SS/HSV and install one of the many forced induction kits on the market and you'll bleed any of the factory models and blow em out of the water !!! problem is though, no warranty...

I'd be very confident in saying that the majority of buyers for the W427 car, will be purchasing it as a long term investment, as well as a 'toy to enjoy'

There's no doubt that with the trend happening with Aust. muscle cars, if it continues means that these W427's will indeed be worth a fortune in the future...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DirtyHarry Click here to enlarge
    in 30-40 years though this W427 in prime condition will be worth much more than the gtr though.
    As mentioned above, I agree with this point...

I'd say though that in the nearer term an R35 GT-R will devalue at a slower rate than any HSV however...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Forum Regular Black Nugget's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also Motor did a review of the CSV beast and whilst they liked the donk they expressed the view of the rest of the car not being well suited to the engine....especially the 6spd auto. So hopefully by spedning a bit mnore you get a more dimensional package....
    Black '02 SRi

Thread Information