Thread: $150k HSV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$150k HSV

Click here to enlarge
    http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...ge:ClassiePuff

"As part of the asking price HSV W427 owners will get a higher level of customer service." ...:think:
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep read all this one and it was to be expected.......

150k will buy you the Nissan R35 GT-R = no brainer, for me anyways, enough said Click here to enlarge

Article for those interested, sorry no pics...

HSV names the price for its upcoming W427. At $150,000 it will be the fastest and most expensive Australian car ever produced.

HSV W427

‹scroll | Move your mouse over the thumbnails below to scroll | scroll›

Related Photo Galleries and Videos:

icon

HSV W427

icon

Video Gallery

HSV today revealed that its fastest, most powerful car ever will also be the most expensive.

HSV’s 500 horsepower, V8-powered, Holden Commodore-based HSV W427 will cost $150,000, plus on-road costs.

The price was confirmed by HSV founder and owner Tom Walkinshaw at a press conference in Melbourne this morning, giving at least some relief to would-be buyers, who were told the W427 could cost as much as $170,000.

"The price is $150,000, up to $156,000 if the new proposed (tax) legislation comes in," says Walkinshaw. "It will be available from dealers in August. At the moment we have expressions of interest from 1500 customer."

A maximum of 427 will be built, in line with the capacity of the engine in cubic inches, which also inspired the W427 name.

Powered by a 7.0-litre V8 engine – set to become the largest production engine available in a new car sold in Australia - the W427 will produce 375kW of power, which is 5kW more than first estimated. HSV engineers worked for the extra few kilowatts so the brand could claim 500 horsepower for the Commodore-based performance sedan.

HSV says it will build up to 427 of the W427s. However, if the demand isn’t there no more will be produced.

"We would not allow dealers to take deposits against it because it's got us in trouble before," says Walkinshaw. "We are going to build to order, We are not going to build more than 427 vehicles. So it's 427 (engine) capacity (in cubic inches) and 427 is the number that we're going to build."

The move is designed to avert the problem encountered by the first ever HSV, the car known as the Walkinshaw, where 500 sold out quickly, prompting the company to build another 250; but the last 200 or so proved difficult to sell.

Walkinshaw also revealed that former Holden chairman and managing director Denny Mooney played an integral role in securing the Chevrolet Corvette-sourced V8 engine.

While being cautious not to divulge exact numbers, Walkinshaw says the HSV W427 will be profitable, all the while delivering the halo effect such hero cars typically bring to a brand.

"It will wash its face," he says. "We will not lose money, but we won’t make shedloads of money on it."

As part of the asking price HSV W427 owners will get a higher level of customer service.

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how much is an M3 these days?
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...ge:ClassiePuff

"As part of the asking price HSV W427 owners will get a higher level of customer service." ...:think:
    you beat me too it
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sssdriver Click here to enlarge
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge

there is your pic
    God bless hoons, without them tying up police resources my methlab would have been raided aeons ago!:uhh:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by btm Click here to enlarge
    157K manual
    163K auto

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by btm Click here to enlarge
    166k + ORC's DKG equipped - the only one to have...

Same again as for the W427 for me....ie: I'd take the R35 GT-R and have a small stack of cash left over to boot Click here to enlarge

It kills them both by a margin that's so big, you wouldn't even bother trying to measure it !!!
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    166k + ORC's DKG equipped - the only one to have...

Same again as for the W427 for me....ie: I'd take the R35 GT-R and have a small stack of cash left over to boot Click here to enlarge

It kills them both by a margin that's so big, you wouldn't even bother trying to measure it !!!
    me too - i'd definitely go GT-R for bang-for-buck performance

but i'd also love to drive a car with 7 litres of displacement pushed through the rear wheels :dance:

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But.... you can buy one now (essentially). You can't buy a GTR at the moment Click here to enlarge

More direct competitors would be a E63/M5... NOT a M3/c63. Both the E63 and M5 are significantly more expensive than 150K.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    true

for me if i wanted to spend $160k+ on cars i'd still go something like a GT-R, M3, RS4, and also buy an old camry for when i wanted to carry anything bigger than a backpack or more than one passenger

sometimes i'm not sure why you would want to try to turn a tank into a sports car ala 5 series and E class! but then again i have never driven a M5 Click here to enlarge

Thread Information