Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    If it's lighter than the current VXR by 100-150kg and those specs....SWOEEET!!!
    If that's the case, then say bye bye to AWD for the next VXR as AWD will add around 150-200kg !!!

I'd rather have AWD and a more powerful 2.0ltr or maybe step up to a turbo version of the 2.2ltr !!!

The Japs have no probs raising their displacement levels and still achieving required emissions and efficiency levels as well as awesome power outputs on their smaller 4 bangers, why can't the Europeans do the same ?? Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    how about torque?
    I don't think it's mentioned, but can safely say it'll be less than an equivalant 2.0ltr...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Unless there's an AWD version with a 4 pot (at least) 160 kW turbodiesel, I'll stick with the one I've got now. Then, say in 2011, buy an Audi Click here to enlarge
    Renault SPORT Clio RS 200 Cup Trophee

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dieselhead Click here to enlarge
    Unless there's an AWD version with a 4 pot (at least) 160 kW turbodiesel, I'll stick with the one I've got now. Then, say in 2011, buy an Audi Click here to enlarge
    Good choice, for once I'll agree with you Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dieselhead Click here to enlarge
    thats if they still have petrol until then....otherwise you`d be driving your electric audi around..LOL..hahaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    If that's the case, then say bye bye to AWD for the next VXR as AWD will add around 150-200kg !!!

I'd rather have AWD and a more powerful 2.0ltr or maybe step up to a turbo version of the 2.2ltr !!!

The Japs have no probs raising their displacement levels and still achieving required emissions and efficiency levels as well as awesome power outputs on their smaller 4 bangers, why can't the Europeans do the same ?? Click here to enlarge
    I'm not too sure about japs achieving efficiency even remotely close to the germans lol Click here to enlarge

Key is less weight...don't worry about power. If you have less weight you don't need more power and you'll be drinking less fuel. Click here to enlarge

I remember that little VW roadster concept about 2yrs ago, it weighed around 600kg and used a 1.5l TDi engine with rear-wheel drive...GOD that was a fine car and it could drift like no tomorrow and used only about 3-4l/100km Click here to enlarge

That's the future ladies and gentlemen
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not too sure about japs achieving efficiency even remotely close to the germans lol Click here to enlarge

Key is less weight...don't worry about power. If you have less weight you don't need more power and you'll be drinking less fuel. Click here to enlarge

I remember that little VW roadster concept about 2yrs ago, it weighed around 600kg and used a 1.5l TDi engine with rear-wheel drive...GOD that was a fine car and it could drift like no tomorrow and used only about 3-4l/100km Click here to enlarge

That's the future ladies and gentlemen
    Yes - but - a lighter vehicle, in this case Astra VXR, won't have AWD !!!

We were expecting a top performance new Astra, VXR model, to have AWD and loads more power, without this it'll never become a top performance hatch..

The other major point is also that with a reduction in weight comes an increase in price, because of the greater amounts of aluminium/composites used in the vehicles make up !!!

I'm sure people in the market for Astras, don't want to spend big Click here to enlarge

As for efficiency, I believe the Japanese n/a 4 potters are on top...and would be on top with specific power outputs too Click here to enlarge

And try selling that 600kg VW roadster you mentioned to the majority of the car market out there looking for a family or a practical vehicle Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge

Has more of a sleek sporty look to it IMO.
    Click here to enlarge
    Ex Opel Owner: 2006 Opel Tigra Twin Top

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Astra VXR ain't a family or practical vehicle Click here to enlarge
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Astra VXR ain't a family or practical vehicle Click here to enlarge
    True Click here to enlarge

But given a choice, it'll do over any roadster Click here to enlarge

That pic above looks better from that angle....now all it needs is AWD and a MIN. 220kw 2.0 or 2.2ltr turbo and it's set to become something very good Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information