Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TTEETT Click here to enlarge
    I didn’t doubt you I just didn’t realise how quick and what potential they had!

That’s a second quicker than a VXR Click here to enlarge
    That's ok Click here to enlarge

With that kind of power and with that quick shifting and power efficient DSG, despite no LSD it's little surprise they can run 13's Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DaveM Click here to enlarge
    *sigh*. Every car has its pros and cons. Where did I say the VXR is a better car than a S3. Dont make up stuff from stuff that isnt posted.

It sounds like you had a SRi-T and didnt like it, and by the looks of it, sold it. If you werent happy with it then thats fine, its a budget hot hatch as I have pointed out numerous times. But the SRi-T isnt a high end hot hatch, and isnt as a good as a golf or focus, which I have plainly stated. Bang for buck its not bad though.

I have had a few issues with the VXR... boot light didnt work, CD player died and had to be replaced, vacuum pump return line on the turbo came off which seems to be a common fault. The other stuff you have mentioned, I dont have any of those. No rattles, no treble issues, no crazy computer. And most cars with leather get wrinkles, its the nature of leather to form peaks and troughs, its a low tensile strength material. Car seats get it, sofas get it, clothes get it.

Numerous Mazda MPS and SP23 owners have reported poor quality interiors, especially leather on seats tearing and stretching. The mazda leather is known for being cheap and thin.

It all boils down to what you like and what makes you happy. I have been a long time VW and Audi fan and I surprised myself with the VXR purchase... I was 99% buying a GTI or R32 before I drove it. Having driven the SRI-T and the VXR one after the other, the SRi-T was not satisfying if you want a seriously fast hot hatch, as it seems you have found out. Its more of a friendly every day car that has power on tap if needed.

The VXR isnt perfect and I am the first to admit it. Its chassis isnt as refined as the Golf. Its a car that requires some level of skill and patience to drive, the golf doesnt. Which probably explains where there are so few VXR's out on the road and every second car is a GTI.
    yeh, every car has their pros and cons but Ive never had any of the issues youve had. But the astra turbo/vxr could have been better with a limited slip differential, all-alloy engine, direct injection and variable valve timing as seen on the mazda. Its the first time Ive heard people complaining about leather on a mazda. Try folding your rear seats in your vxr to carry something for a day and let me know how your leather looks the day after...hahaha!

I know an AH Astra owner who had his front seats retrimmed 4 times under warranty before he got rid of it...and he said it was the worst lemon ever (had heaps of other issues with engine as well) but then his wife bought a coupe without leather and it was fine...just seems that astras have more faults than others.
    u didnt directly say the S3 was better but u mentioned money was not an issue but u still preferred the vxr over the s3...what was I supposed to think??

but the sri-t or vxr are not bad cars for the amount you pay..thats for sure. I am just a very picky person and like my car built to a certain standard without compromise to looks as well, and keep resale value.

anyways, back to the topic, have you test driven any of the hot hatches yet? any comments?
    Last edited by USC; 9th June 2008 at 07:41 PM.

Thread Information