Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OpelAus Participant
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2009 Astra - best pics so far

It's out and about in the mountains and there's also a pic of the interior. Plain too that the C pillar is a plastic add-on and that the rear door window frame will probably be similar to the current shape.

See www.caradvice.com.au

Also, not that it's of any consequence, there's a new-look Epica (new grille, rear lights, f/r bumpers, 6spd auto) on show at GM Inside News. Not just the Tosca - complete with Holden badges!
    Click here to enlarge Warning: This is an Old Thread
    This discussion is older than 120 days. information contained in it may no longer be current . Please think of the children before resurrecting this ancient thread!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    still looks very viva-ish to me...
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmmm, still not clear enough to pass final judgement...

Whatever the outcome of the body styling is, I hope Opel have done something good with the engines and drive train of the performance models at least with the new Astra...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont like the the steering wheel...OMG..what are they thinkingClick here to enlarge ...looks very ugly!! Like the dials though.

Exterior is hard to tell but at the moment, its looking like a Viva.
    Last edited by USC; 30th May 2008 at 11:47 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh my. i actually didnt take note of the steering wheel initially...

wtf did they do to it!!

dash looks good though
    *BTM* Opel Astra SRi 2.2L

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by glider
    A thread hasn't been recognized on OpelAus forums until BTM has posted in it at least 6 times
    "As a final incentive before giving up on a difficult task, try to imagine it successfully accomplished by someone you violently dislike"

K. Zenios

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the steering wheel looks like they've been sharing parts with hyundai.

i don't know now if i should wait for the new astra to come out to upgrade. could be quite a pretty car

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tim_ Click here to enlarge
    the steering wheel looks like they've been sharing parts with hyundai.

i don't know now if i should wait for the new astra to come out to upgrade. could be quite a pretty car
    you should wait.

anyone know if they will still use the ancient 1.8L engine (base model) and ancient 2.0L turbo (sri-t) in the new Astra? I heard the sri-t would get direct injection but not sure about variable valve timing yet...also, is it going to be all alloy or still iron cast block? the recent astra 1.8L DOHC do have variable valve timing but still less powerful than honda`s 1.8L vtec SOHC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think i will wait, and buy the top spec when it comes out, as opposed to needing a car asap and getting stuck with a cd like i did this time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    anyone know if they will still use the ancient 1.8L engine (base model) and ancient 2.0L turbo (sri-t) in the new Astra? I heard the sri-t would get direct injection but not sure about variable valve timing yet...also, is it going to be all alloy or still iron cast block? the recent astra 1.8L DOHC do have variable valve timing but still less powerful than honda`s 1.8L vtec SOHC.
    so thats how it gets the extra 11kw! i was about to post a thread asking how i could tap into that extra power in mine, whether or not it's a chip thing or whatever, but you answered my (very simple, very stupid) question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tim_ Click here to enlarge
    so thats how it gets the extra 11kw! i was about to post a thread asking how i could tap into that extra power in mine, whether or not it's a chip thing or whatever, but you answered my (very simple, very stupid) question.
    Click here to enlarge ..yep...variable valve timing does make a difference Click here to enlarge its like vtec.

but the current sri-t does not have variable valve timing!! hopefully, the new astra sri-t will get vvt and direct injection!!....and available in 5 doorClick here to enlarge ...

Thread Information