Disclaimer - Please note that this is a guide only and we take NO responsibility for any damaged caused to yourself or vehicle whilst using this guide. If you are unsure how to do something leave it to the professionals. Your Insurance and warranty might be invalidated if this modification is done.
This information is mainly from Holden's Service Bulletin Jul 2001
How to remove your battery (XC / Corsa C)
Some technicians may experience difficulty in removing a battery from these vehicles, or the removal may seem complicated.
1. Disconnect battery Negative terminal. Refer Figure 1.
2. Disconnect Positive battery terminal. Refer Figure 1.
3. Remove nut from battery holder (inboard end of battery) and remove holder. Refer Figure 1.
4. Remove Torx screw from outboard end of water deflector (located next to LH engine hood hinge). Refer Figure 2 below.
5. Slide battery sideways towards LH side of vehicle then upwards to remove from vehicle – minimise the bending of the water deflector during this operation, to avoid damage. NOTE: while battery should be kept at a minimum angle during removal, there is little risk of electrolyte loss, as it is a "maintenance free" battery and the drain hole is on the LH (higher) side of the battery. Refer Figures 3 & 4 below.
6. Reinstall battery (or fit new battery) in reverse procedure to above steps 1-5.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)