Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah Ange I agree mate. I wouldn't buy a base model BMW in Australia either....too overpriced. But if I were overseas in Europe I would get the BMW. You get your value. For a couple of grand more you'll have a nicer car and servicing costs will be on par with even Opel. Click here to enlarge

I do like the 135i but I honestly wouldn't get one....I'd much rather get the 335i...I like its looks more and it's just a bigger cruiser Click here to enlarge...Similar performance but. Click here to enlarge
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet!
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    Oh yeah Ange I agree mate. I wouldn't buy a base model BMW in Australia either....too overpriced. But if I were overseas in Europe I would get the BMW. You get your value. For a couple of grand more you'll have a nicer car and servicing costs will be on par with even Opel. Click here to enlarge

I do like the 135i but I honestly wouldn't get one....I'd much rather get the 335i...I like its looks more and it's just a bigger cruiser Click here to enlarge...Similar performance but. Click here to enlarge
    I would have to agree and it's been brought up before and it's what makes some of these cars not so appealing - the rip off price tag they cop being sold in this country, not good Click here to enlarge

Agree, for the price you'd get a base model Beemer in Germany, the whole arguement/comparison takes a different turn...

Agree also about the 335i, I'm beginning to really love that car, it is much sexier than the 135i, but that 135i with the same powerplant and running gear, for so much less money is hard to pass by comparing the 2 Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge

Agree also about the 335i, I'm beginning to really love that car, it is much sexier than the 135i, but that 135i with the same powerplant and running gear, for so much less money is hard to pass by comparing the 2 Click here to enlarge
    The biggest bargain is the 125i... you get a well optioned 3L 6 for the price of povo spec 320i sedan.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeh, that's a given - RWD with all that power on a wet surface = drift king Click here to enlarge or lose control Click here to enlarge

Definitely have to be careful with RWD in the wet Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I've always considered the base models to be 'Claytons' BMW's - you know - the BMW you buy when you can't afford to buy a BMW...sounds nasty, BUT I could point out sooooo many people I've known in my time who've got one, just so that they can say "I drive a BMW" how sad, brand snobs or should it be ignorance at its best Click here to enlarge

However I don't base the above for my review of the current 320i, it really is IMHO a totally bland and unimpressive car for a shit load of money = why would anyone want one ??? that money could be better spent on so many other types of cars out there Click here to enlarge

It is for all those wondering my missus's company car, which she'll be getting rid of soon for a salary hike - good on her Click here to enlarge
    All valid points BW - BUT don't forget to factor in the price on this equation...

I have access to both cars in question, as I've mentioned, taking them for what they are and what they offer vs what they cost, you wouldn't be looking at the 320i in such a bright light, I can tell you Click here to enlarge
    Thankyou Ange, that's what i was trying to say lol!!!

Will find out how the 1 Series Coupe/Convertible launch went last night and how the reaction is!!!

I'll most likely take one out for a drive next week and let you all know how they are!!! 135i especially!!! Click here to enlarge
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have u seen the add on TV for the 1 series? pretty cool...it shows how the car is built (in a partially realistic wayClick here to enlarge )

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xplosv57 Click here to enlarge
    Thankyou Ange, that's what i was trying to say lol!!!

Will find out how the 1 Series Coupe/Convertible launch went last night and how the reaction is!!!

I'll most likely take one out for a drive next week and let you all know how they are!!! 135i especially!!! Click here to enlarge
    Look forward to your assessment Steve of the TT 135i Click here to enlarge

Alot of us really like this new Beemer and it's within buying reach too....

The only other car I can think of to compare it to, is the Evo 10, although they're not exactly the same configuration, it would be a hard choice between the 2...
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    have u seen the add on TV for the 1 series? pretty cool...it shows how the car is built (in a partially realistic wayClick here to enlarge )
    Yeh, saw the add a couple of nights ago - very cool and sure does make the car look good in that add Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information