Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by USC Click here to enlarge
    levin is rear wheel drive??? and 900kg??? where do u pull this info from?Click here to enlarge
    Just realised you crazy Ausi’s have a poxy fwd Levin that is just a Corolla. I was thinking JDM, In Japan the Toyota Corolla Levin is a sports car.. Does anyone know what a AE86 is?? Kinda blasphemy that Toyota AU even named a normal corolla a Levin.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MatsHolden Click here to enlarge
    I'd never get a base model BMW just to say oh I have a BMW. For instance, If I wasn't able to afford a 135i Coupe, I wouldn't even give the 1 series a look in.

You obviously haven’t driven a new BMW?? I stepped back into the AH after driving a few BMW’s on the weekend and it felt very, very low rent. I think of the 1-serries as a premium compact for people that want a nicely built and specked compact car that is RWD.

PS: And it had Cup holders!!
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TTEETT Click here to enlarge

You obviously haven’t driven a new BMW?? I stepped back into the AH after driving a few BMW’s on the weekend and it felt very, very low rent. I think of the 1-serries as a premium compact for people that want a nicely built and specked compact car that is RWD.

PS: And it had Cup holders!!
    I'm talking about overall package. Get into a base 1 series for 38k+orc for a 100kw engine. The BM's feel a bit nicer, even if the 1 series is a little bland on the interior stakes. But for me RWD doesn't really do much with 100kw. They're a nice drive, but not a fun drive. And yeah, cup holders is a major plus. lol
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TTEETT Click here to enlarge
    Just realised you crazy Ausi’s have a poxy fwd Levin that is just a Corolla. I was thinking JDM, In Japan the Toyota Corolla Levin is a sports car.. Does anyone know what a AE86 is?? Kinda blasphemy that Toyota AU even named a normal corolla a Levin.
    even more blasphemous that it is the "top of the range" in the new corolla range Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

[ OOD33 ] <3's [ 57U-OO ]

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way the 135i Coupe looks great in Cashmere Silver.
    Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heaviest Corolla is 1280kg.
    Actually 1310kg. Click here to enlarge

And corolla accelerates in 11.1s to 100 whereas the BMW accelerates in 9.0s. Click here to enlarge Talkin 320i here. And putting corolla and bmw in the same sentence is just ludicrous!!! Click here to enlarge

Anyhow, yeah that coupe looks awesome in any color, I like the red Click here to enlarge
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

OpelAus Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm talking about overall package. Get into a base 1 series for 38k+orc for a 100kw engine. The BM's feel a bit nicer, even if the 1 series is a little bland on the interior stakes. But for me RWD doesn't really do much with 100kw. They're a nice drive, but not a fun drive. And yeah, cup holders is a major plus. lol

I sat in the base model I series on the weekend (118d) and it feels a lot more premium than the AH/Corolla/3/Focus, it didn’t have leather or a trip computer or climate control but it still felt so much better, driving position alone puts it ahead.

An lesser spec RWD drive car with balance can be more fun than an over powered FWD, trust me.
    Megane RS 250 Trophee
    Megane RS F1.R

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd never get a base model BMW just to say oh I have a BMW. For instance, If I wasn't able to afford a 135i Coupe, I wouldn't even give the 1 series a look in.
    I agree with the above and would myself only be interested in certain upper model Beemers if I ever were to purchase one for myself...I only have ever really liked the M3 and now this new 135i coupe or the future M1 I find appealing Click here to enlarge

I've always considered the base models to be 'Claytons' BMW's - you know - the BMW you buy when you can't afford to buy a BMW...sounds nasty, BUT I could point out sooooo many people I've known in my time who've got one, just so that they can say "I drive a BMW" how sad, brand snobs or should it be ignorance at its best Click here to enlarge

However I don't base the above for my review of the current 320i, it really is IMHO a totally bland and unimpressive car for a shit load of money = why would anyone want one ??? that money could be better spent on so many other types of cars out there Click here to enlarge

It is for all those wondering my missus's company car, which she'll be getting rid of soon for a salary hike - good on her Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge

And corolla accelerates in 11.1s to 100 whereas the BMW accelerates in 9.0s. Click here to enlarge Talkin 320i here. And putting corolla and bmw in the same sentence is just ludicrous!!! Click here to enlarge

Anyhow, yeah that coupe looks awesome in any color, I like the red Click here to enlarge
    1280kg heaviest going from Toyota's official specs but meh. lol
    Click here to enlarge
    VAULT
    vaultid.com

Mr D1 Reverse drift spec

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BMW 1-series base price in Germany = €16.925,00

AH Astra base price in Germany = €22.100,00

Price difference of 5175 euros or AU$8430

What's the base price difference in AU?

I think the BMW is worth $8000 more than the base Astra...

EDIT: Just looked it up the 118i sells for $38900 plus ORC WTF??!?!?!.....$16000 difference compared to the Astra....shiiiiiiit.
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge

All valid points BW - BUT don't forget to factor in the price on this equation...

I have access to both cars in question, as I've mentioned, taking them for what they are and what they offer vs what they cost, you wouldn't be looking at the 320i in such a bright light, I can tell you Click here to enlarge

As for the main focus here, the 135i, it is as I think we all agree a very appealing car, in most respects Click here to enlarge
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Thread Information