Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're gonna have to admit Wraith, considering it is a base model 320i it handles and performs like no other base model middle-sized saloon.

Also, the prices are way overpriced in AU. If we had it like in EU or USA it would be around $40k driveaway in AU.
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bornwild Click here to enlarge
    You're gonna have to admit Wraith, considering it is a base model 320i it handles and performs like no other base model middle-sized saloon.

Also, the prices are way overpriced in AU. If we had it like in EU or USA it would be around $40k driveaway in AU.
    I'm speaking for myself, having driven a 4 pot many a time, the 320i has to be one of the slowest base model sedans, combination of lack of power and too much weight, handling sure it's great but lack of performance is disappointing!!!

That all changes once there's a 4cyl diesel or a 6cyl (or better yet the TT 6) under the bonnet!!!

Actually in the US, the 3 series (which their base model is the 328i 3.0 6cyl) starts from 32k, considering our dollar is almost on par with them, we're still paying over double for the same car!!!! Disgraceful!!!
    BroTek Performance Pty Ltd

Current:
    2003 Astra SRi Turbo & 2004 Barina SXi
    Ex's: 2001 Astra CD & 2001 Astra SRi 2.2, plus a long list of non Opels...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the government is ripping us off!! Click here to enlarge

in a way, its good..cos we would have way too many cars on our roads..bear in mind, australia is big but most of it is desert...

Carseldine, Brisbane - Ex Cape Town, South Africa
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'd have one. if i could afford it Click here to enlarge the 135i ... Click here to enlarge
    www.wolf4x4.com.au

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does feel solid, but I don't get the feeling it's anything outstanding...

I don't think I've driven a 'newish' similar sized car to compare it too...

As for prices - far out, we get ripped in Australia on any make that comes from O/S especially the Euro brands...
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xplosv57 Click here to enlarge
    I'm speaking for myself, having driven a 4 pot many a time, the 320i has to be one of the slowest base model sedans, combination of lack of power and too much weight, handling sure it's great but lack of performance is disappointing!!!

That all changes once there's a 4cyl diesel or a 6cyl (or better yet the TT 6) under the bonnet!!!

Actually in the US, the 3 series (which their base model is the 328i 3.0 6cyl) starts from 32k, considering our dollar is almost on par with them, we're still paying over double for the same car!!!! Disgraceful!!!
    Too right you are Steve - I don't know however if the strong Aussie dollar will translate to savings on car purchases ??? 'Middle men' car sellers (stealerships) and the Government will most probably take advantage of the bigger profits margins to be had Click here to enlarge

It has had an effect on general electrical appliances though...

From Todays Age:

Aussie dollar hits 24-year high

Chris Zappone
    May 19, 2008 - 12:02PM
    Page 1 of 2
    Australians travelling abroad can rejoice: the Aussie dollar hit a 24-year high this morning.

The rising Aussie has doubled in value against the US dollar in seven years, consistently defying expectations of a levelling off.

The gain is also a boon for retailers, who source much of their goods from overseas, but bad news for those businesses competing with imports, such as the local car industry.

In late morning trading, the Australian dollar was at 95.35 US cents, after earlier touching 95.71 US cents, or up more than one cent from Friday's close of 94.34 US cents.

That peak was the highest since March 20, 1984, when the domestic unit reached 95.73 US cents.

"If you're planning to go overseas, now is the time do it,'' said Amy Auster, head of international economics at ANZ.

Even those just pencilling in a trip abroad can take advantage of the strong Aussie dollar, she said.

''If you're planning to buy foreign currency, buy it now,'' she said.
    My rides: 2004 Opel/Bertone TS Astra turbo convertible - 2012 Mercedes Benz C204 C Class coupe
    Others: 2009 Honda City VTiL sedan - 2015 Fiat 500
    Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xplosv57 Click here to enlarge

It sounds like you haven't driven one. I haven't either!

The 320i weighs 1360kg and that 2.0l unit is one of the best 2.0l 4cyl you'll find around 115kW plus 200Nm from low down in the range. In theory it should be quite a gun compared to my Astra(1390kg, 92kW and 172Nm).

Also, reading reviews leaves nothing but praise for it's performance and handling. Click here to enlarge
    You got romance. You got the boots. So, I just gotta ask. Can I get in your pants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wraith Click here to enlarge
    It does feel solid, but I don't get the feeling it's anything outstanding...
    It wasn't designed to be anything outlandish Click here to enlarge Peoples perception of BMW in AU is every single model is lavish luxury...no.

BMWs can be point A to B cars also Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wasn't designed to be anything outlandish Click here to enlarge Peoples perception of BMW in AU is every single model is lavish luxury...no.

BMWs can be point A to B cars also Click here to enlarge
    +1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounds like you haven't driven one. I haven't either!

The 320i weighs 1360kg and that 2.0l unit is one of the best 2.0l 4cyl you'll find around 115kW plus 200Nm from low down in the range. In theory it should be quite a gun compared to my Astra(1390kg, 92kW and 172Nm).

Also, reading reviews leaves nothing but praise for it's performance and handling. Click here to enlarge
    +1

Thread Information